Thread: Tweecer Users

Arrow Tweecer Users

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help from some of you running the tweecer with the Novi 1000. Anyone have any tips on where to start or a safe base tune that you can send me as a starting point. I have sifted thru alot of the info on the tweecer sites but am just not sure what I need to start with.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I got frustrated and sold mine last year. Lack of instructions and support would certainly be the reason.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I'm slowly sifting thru the crap :D, I'm not looking to work wonders just want to be safe, add a little hp and have driveability.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    I'm slowly sifting thru the crap :D, I'm not looking to work wonders just want to be safe, add a little hp and have driveability.
    what mods have you made, what are you looking to improve, and what processor do you have.

I have a TwEECer and I love it. I am making nearly 1,000 hp with one and still get ~20mpg and have stock-type drivability.

The only thing I have set-up on the Tweecer so far is: 30 point MAF curve, disabled the smog related stuff, set the rev limiter, and set the injector high/low slope for 42's.

I'm have the A9l processor.

Just looking to have a decent idle, safe tune that doesn't blow headgaskets left and right but makes decent power.

Senior SCH Member
    The only thing I have set-up on the Tweecer so far is: 30 point MAF curve, disabled the smog related stuff, set the rev limiter, and set the injector high/low slope for 42's.

I'm have the A9l processor.

Just looking to have a decent idle, safe tune that doesn't blow headgaskets left and right but makes decent power.
    Do you have a wide band oxygen sensor? The next thing to do is datalog a run with a wide band if you have one and see if commanded air/fuel matches actual air/fuel. If they don't then you need ot mess with your MAF curve or fuel multipliers. Once you get those to match very closely the sky is the limit - because you know whatever you command air/fuel to be it will be!

Then play with throttly body air flow to smooth out the idle surging (50 works for me - small changes).

Also - I assume you have a supercharger - you should change the scaling on your tables so they load values reach 2 - something like .075 .15 .275 .4 .65 .9 1.5 2 - that way you can have more control over boost conditions.

Even if you don't have a wide band datalog a hard run and post the file somewhere so I can look at it.

Still got about a month before car is back together. At current, I don't have a wideband, will look at getting a LM1 when funds permit down the road.

I changed the T-body air-flow from the stock calibration of .55005 to .62862 to accomodate the 14.xxx % size increase between the stock t-body and my 70mm t-body. Was my logic defective here???

Will take a look at the load stuff and let you know if I have any ?'s on that.

Thanks for the help :)

Senior SCH Member
    I changed the T-body air-flow from the stock calibration of .55005 to .62862 to accomodate the 14.xxx % size increase between the stock t-body and my 70mm t-body. Was my logic defective here???
    LOL - no, you were wrong. Everybody makes that mistake. I have a 90mm and only have it set to .50 (smaller than stock). It has to do with duty cycle on your IAC and how much air flow passes the TB (based on MAF readings) at idle. It is pretty complicated to calculate, I just make small changes until it doesn't surge anymore... Big changes are bad.

lol, I'll change it back to stock parameters til I get the car fired up and have the time to dial it in.

Where do I start in regards to timing. I understand that the Tweecer bases evrything off of a base timing setting of 10 degrees. Which tables would I want to modify where I can add a little timing down low and then pull it out as I get into boost?

Senior SCH Member
    The important part is to scale your tables so the timing tables have rows for loads above 1.0. A stock A9L can scale to a load value of 2.0 or 15 lbs of boost. More if you trick it by increasing the engine size or reducing the injector size.

After that add some timing down low and take some timing out under load (boost) at the top. Just like a BTM would.

I can email you the config for my car - DO NOT JUST COPY IT TO YOUR CAR! I have done some freaky stuff so just look at it and compare it to your stock file (open two copies of caledit) - then ask me why I did some of the changes. That is the best way to learn. Hopefully I won't give you the answer "uh--- I don't remember" too many times!

That'll work, you can e-mail me at searly@camalott.com

Thanks!!