Thread: will I have future problems?

Junior SCH Member

will I have future problems?

I just got my 95 GT back. Its got a 331 stroker kit, edlebrock heads,trick flow track heat intake all ported, 42 lb injectors, 80mm proM MAS. F303 cam, BBk headers, pistons have been dished for compression, And now I had installed a P1SC with intercooler. 8 lb pulley. My question is , will I have problems with blowing head gaskets or heads due to high compression? And will I have problems blowing pistons, or detonation problems? I'm looking at about 590hp @ the fly and 565 RWHP now dynoed. But I 'm a little worried about blowing heads, or gaskets. My compression is now 11.1 from a 9.1 ratio.
    ________
    Buy Bubblers
    Last edited by Vegasboy3024; 04-12-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Senior SCH Member
    that's VERY high compression for a supercharged car. it all depends on your tune if you start to break stuff. get the car on a dyno and get a tune done. don't runt the car hard at all!

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray95
    that's VERY high compression for a supercharged car. it all depends on your tune if you start to break stuff. get the car on a dyno and get a tune done. don't runt the car hard at all!
    so my compression should stay in the 9.1 range? Until then dont run the car hard, right?
    ________
    Vaporizer
    Last edited by Vegasboy3024; 04-12-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Senior SCH Member
    so what is your compression now...9.1? sorry i read your original post thinking it's 11.1. either way, don't drive the car hard until you get a good tune.

also, if your looking for 590 FWHP, you'll get around the 510 RWHP range.

You're also pushing the envelope if you are running a stock block.......

9.1:1 will work with a blower, the guy that helped me piece together my 331 recommended 8.5:1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    You're also pushing the envelope if you are running a stock block.......

9.1:1 will work with a blower, the guy that helped me piece together my 331 recommended 8.5:1.
    As far as I know. The original block is used as a core for the new block to be used as the 331 stroker. Also I wa told that my cylinder heads and intake will have to be machined ported in addition to having dished pistons. Without blower my compression will be 9.5.1. But I will suggest trying to be in the 8.5.1 range. Thanks for the advice.....
    ________
    Paxil lawsuit settlements

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray95
    so what is your compression now...9.1? sorry i read your original post thinking it's 11.1. either way, don't drive the car hard until you get a good tune.

also, if your looking for 590 FWHP, you'll get around the 510 RWHP range.
    My compression now is 9.1:1. Is that good enough? With the blower of course....
    Thanks for the advice.....
    510 rwhp is perfect. It will be the fastest Mustang daily driver in Las Vegas..LOL. Hopefully I can run 11's on the quarter all day with that kind of juice.
    Thanks again.
    ________
    Fix Ps3