Thread: Most Effective Way?

Junior SCH Member

Most Effective Way?

You can check out my profile. I usually reside on ClubRSX.com but I decided to come here because I believe I can get more answers about S/Cing. I have a Jackson Racing Supercharger installed on my RSX boosting 7psi making 245WHP. I am not new to boosting but I am researching the best method for dropping the Compressor Discharge Temperature. My current CDT is around 400 degrees F or so, give or take depending on the ambient Intake Air Temp. What I am asking since the JRSC takes the place of the intake manifold would I see any benefit of a liquid to air aftercooler or spend the money on a decent 2 core FMIC and loose a couple of PSI for better temps? I know I am noob on this board but I have spent some time and money to make what little power I am pushing. It may be funny to those of you putting down 700-1000WHP but give us little guys a chance. I ask direct questions here because over on ClubRSX all that happens is ridicule. Thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    In case the question gets brought up. The JRSC is an Eaton Rotors style S/C. Supposed to decrease CDT but I don't believe it does. I have some detonation depending.

With the type of blower you are running your best bet may be water injection.

If you go to www.corral.net look in the supercharger forum and search for water injection. There are alot of Kenne Bell blower guys there that have water injection set ups and love them. I have no idea what kind of nozzles and such you would need but PM Don95vert he may know a good starting point for you.

Hope this helps.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the help. I really appreciate that. My other alternative was: Shoot a 40 shot of N2O into the intake and have the S/C mix the nitrous and air to avoid any problems. That would decrease my IAT, but I don't like nitrous. That is my last resort to temp problems. I will check out the link you gave me. Again, thanks for your help.