Thread: when can i hook the blower back up, just put in new motor???

Junior SCH Member

when can i hook the blower back up, just put in new motor???

Hey guys....I'm just wondering when i can hook the plumbing back up for the supercharger. I've just rebult the 5.0L in my '89 mustang, and i've had it running a few times now for about 5 mins each time. has roller lifter and cam. I'm just wondering if i change the oil for the first time if that enought the hook the supercharger back up?

Let me know

Chris

Senior SCH Member
    i waited until i had 800miles on my rebuilt motor. then strait to get a dyno tune done.

Junior SCH Member
    you didn't hook the blower up till 800 miles???

I have no rhyme or reason for doing this, but I always hook up the oil lines and start the car without the blower belt on. I then spin the pulley a few times with my hand and then shut the car off, put the blower belt on, change the oil and your set. Did you have the blower on another engine that might have had a head gasket blow? If so this is a real good idea cause the oil filter will catch any debris and your getting ready to change it anyhow.

Hope this dosen't sound overly anal and helps you out in some way.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I started my new engine ran it for 15 min, changed the oil, put the belt on and drove to the track. It's been runing great ever since.

Scott