Thread: Billet VR4 Impeller

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar

Billet VR4 Impeller

I finally found a CNC Machine Shop that would assist me in cutting and finishing Impellers for VR4 units without making me order a minimum. Anyone with a VR4 that would like more information please send me a Private Message and when I have more information I will contact you about power curve and boost levels and of course pricing.
    Have a Nice Boost Day. :)

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Speedy, is this still valid as this post is Years Old :P thanks Brother =)

Word has it that Craig @ Paradise Wheels is looking into producing billet VR4 impellers for his next batch of VR4 kits. But I don't know how far into it he is.

From all the information I know machining an impeller out of billet isn't cheap. The material isn't much; it's the machining time that costs. And that's assuming you already have the digital CAD data to produce the part. If not, then you'll need to pay for that too, which won't be cheap.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    No, not the case any more. The market has changed so much that if you notice the supercharger is out of most markets and the turbo build has changed everything. The cost of a billet turbocharger that really has such a higher power limit is half the cost of a billet supercharger. Custom making parts has ended unless you have a large batch order.

Junior SCH Member
    Last time I messages Craig, he was looking to cut them in billet, but he didn't have an estimation of completion.
    Keep the old school, old school

Junior SCH Member
    True Speedy, it does seem like the Turbo Market has moved way up the scale of importance to a lot of folks

Junior SCH Member
    I am interested in at least 3 VR4 impellers. I sent a p.m. so let me know if this is going to be possible.

Thanks for the efforts.

Senior SCH Member
    I am interested in one of the impellers too!

Junior SCH Member
    I emailed Craig yesterday and they're still in the process of making the VR4 conversion but no completion date as of yet. I know they have a foundry working on the VR4 backing plates and will be producing billet impellors as well.
    1987 Iroc-Z, ZZ4, xr276 w/ 1.6's, TPIS Miniram, 42#'s, Intercooled Paxton SN2000, T-56, 3.73's, Full Hotchkis/Koni suspension, C5 brakes, 17" ROH's

1970 Skylark Convertible resto-mod, project on hold