OK- now that I have your attention, here's the problem. I have a March A/C delete kit and I've thrown two serpentine belts in as many months (while racing at the track). After reading through many threads, I've come across two alternatives:

1) Use Ford A/C delete kit. With my Vortech YS trim S/C, this will require (most likely) different sized PS and WP pulleys. A lot of work, but perhaps worth it to avoid the "push up" tensioner that March creates.

2) I've noticed that a few have modified their Ford tensioner pulley so it pushes up from the stock location. However, they switch to a ribbed pulley when they do so. Right now, my tensioner pulley on the March delete is smooth. Switching to a ribbed tensioner pulley might be an easier fix. Could the smooth pulley be the source of my problems? Any racers using a push up that have had their belts last? Any ideas on part numbers for a ribbed tensioner pulley?

Finally, there are two possible settings for the March A/C delete as far as mounting the tensioner. I use the setting that angles the tensioner down more. Would I benefit from using the other mounting hole, which would bring the tensioner more upwards and add more tension to the belt? Or would this just create excess tension on the accessories?