Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got my kit today!

Thread: Got my kit today!

Got my kit today!

So fellas,
    I finally got my kit today. Let me tell ya, my experience with paxton has not been a positive one as of yet. First off I ordered the kit from D & D in california (the k-member company). They had a legitimate problem in there accounting department, and where very nice. So my blower order was a week behind. The order then got placed on monday the begening of this week. It was supposed to be second day aired here on wednesday. No dice, it went out ups ground. No big deal, I won't really have time to install it until this weekend right? On wednesday, I called paxton to make sure it even got shipped. I asked what address they where sending it to, and they had left the street number off, and had my name wrong. No problem, I got the tracking number and called ups and they where more then happy to straighten everything out for me, and assured me that my package would be here today. (Wasn't paxton supposed to do this?) So the big box shows up today. I've never put a supercharger on a car, so I'm totally virgin. I start going through the box, and everything seems to be there as far as I can tell. I really don't know what I'm supposed to have. So I try to find a part list, to no avail, same goes for the instructions. So I call up paxton and they give my brian and vortec's v/m. wtf? So I call my man Dave at D & D and he arranges to have the instructions and manual faxed to me at work. Well, 5:30 rolled around and I'm going home, So as of right now the instructions haven't shown up. I'm going to drop by in the morning on my way to kansas to pick up my pms and hopefully the destructions will be sitting there on the fax machine. So fastforward to about 2 hours ago. I go through the kit one more time, and I'm trying to figure out what bracket bolts this rowdy looking mofo to the motor, and all be damned they left that f-ing bracket out of the kit. I've got the two plates that hold the tensioner, but no brackt to put everything to the motor. So, This is just to let you guys know! And to vent alot of steam. I mean, I've been looking forward to this damn thing for about a month now and they leave out 2 of the 3 most important parts. the third being the head unit. There will be major hell to pay at paxton come monday morning. Actually I'll be nice and just try to get them to overnight everything to me. And maybe throw in a t-shirt and cool sticker. On the bright side of things the kit looks absolutly awsome. I really didn't know what to expect, but it's sweet. I got the real street kit for a 87-93 fox, it came with a race bypass (vortec), big discharge tube with the flange for the bypass (vortec) and a big 4'' inlet elbow with the provission for the blow off. (vortec). And for my final high light, i was expecting a 8 rib, and it shows up here with this huge 10 rib. I haven't seen that much rubber since we had a moon walk over when i was a kid. So thats my 2 cents. Let me know what you think guys.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Hey Brandon,

Do you have access to a digital camera? I would like to see that kit.

I am sorry you had such a run around with Paxton. As you mentioned give them a call and ask for not only overnight, but I would ask for an extra belt for all the errors.

When you call Paxton, can you do me a favor and pass on the site, and maybe how much you like it? I want them to be aware that there is a community for the Paxton NOVI.

Let us know what happens.

Ian

That sucks man. My Novi is supposed to be shipped next week. I hope I don't have problems like that. I'll be pissed if it happens though. Try not to lose your cool though when you talk to them on Monday. I know it's hard sometimes because you are a paying customer who has spent a lot of money and should be taken care of to the ninth degree, but sometimes mistakes happen and if you go in with that mindset when you speak to them, I'm sure they will be very accomadating and apologetic to make sure you're happy. Most good companies know that the best advertising is word of mouth and bad news spreads faster than good. How many times have you seen it play out: When somebody is happy with a service, they tell a few friends, but when they feel like they got screwed, they tell EVERYONE including peolple like us on this board who care about stuff like this that can affect our decisions on buying products. So give them the chance to make it up to you. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Well
    I stoped by my work the smorning to see if the instructions had been faxed over, and they wern't there so, who know's? I plan on being real level headed on the phone, but I don't intend to talk with any underlings.

Ian, I will spread the word about the site, and I am still wrestling digital camera problems, but I will try to get all the install pics and pics of the parts and my car for the site. I can't tell you how excited I am about this site. Being around from virtually the inseptation, and hopefully helping it grow. I picked my pms up today, and it was mint. Now if i just had the slightest clue as to how to utilize the damn thing. Ha. The guy i bougt it from was very nice, and let me tell ya his ride was sweet. OH, the kit i bougt seems that all the parts where just the same as on his ys kit. I'll keep you guys abreast on what happens on monday.

Brandon

Great stuff regarding the PMS, I do not use it myself, but I have only read good things about it.

Let us know Monday :)

Ian

Hey Brandon,

Just to let you know. The ten rib belt is a pain in the butt to get from paxton. The belt is actually a little too long. I have discussed this with paxton. They sent me a new belt and it was still too long. I am not sure if they fixed this yet. If your belt is too long, go down to Carquest auto parts, give them the paxton number and tell them to order the next smaller size. By the way its only about $26.00 for Carquest and paxton charges $61.00.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

thanks for the info doug. We don't have carquest here, so i wonder if autozone, pep boys, or oriellys has em?

Brandon

Brandon,
    The belt that Paxton sent with my kit translates to Gates #K100570. The belt number I used was Gates #K100563. I am sure any of the auto parts stores can order it for you. The belt does barely fit when you first put it on, but they stretch. Hope this helps
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

thanks alot doug! I'll commit this bit of info to my blower stuff on file.

Brandon

Senior SCH Member
    I run the Real Street kit on my NMRA Real Street car. Best thing I have done was to ditch the Procharger P1SC and go with the Novi 2000.:D
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Originally posted by 88cobra
    Hey Brandon,

Do you have access to a digital camera? I would like to see that kit.

I am sorry you had such a run around with Paxton. As you mentioned give them a call and ask for not only overnight, but I would ask for an extra belt for all the errors.

When you call Paxton, can you do me a favor and pass on the site, and maybe how much you like it? I want them to be aware that there is a community for the Paxton NOVI.

Let us know what happens.

Ian
    Ian, trust me, they know about this site and frequent it often.

UNTCHBL
    Call monday and ask for Kelly (888-9PAXTON) tell him whats up, I am sure he will take care of you, he always has for me.

Mike

mike,
    I've talked to kelly, and Todd at paxton, and they took care of me. They sent me 2 t-shirts. I guess we've broken even now.

Brandon

Is this a Novi2000 10 rib setup? If so I know I use a Dayco PolyCog belt, I've never had slipping issues and it fits fine.