Thread: Auto conversion members within please

SCH Member

Auto conversion members within please

Did you speed up or slow down and where? HOw was traction and 6 foots etc. What did you buy and at what cost?

SCH Member
    for 5.0 guys sorry

Subscibing curious myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

well i'm not the best gear jammer in the world so my car picked up when i went to the C4. I used alot of used and half rate parts but i spent the money on a good cooler, manual valve body, and a deep pan. My 60's were refletive of the money i spent on the converter(cheap-o)
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    I admitt this is a drag fun weekend car, but our rather poor track 1/4 here is about the same as street pavemeant (very old and broken/uneven), and I am really working hard to use the power i have most would be surprized at my amount of chassis work because traction is so poor here. I will spend whatever to go faster and hook hard on what is basically like racing on the street. Open to true advice and suggestions please guessing/hearsay folk stay outta this unless you have done yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by -ice-man-
    Did you speed up or slow down and where? HOw was traction and 6 foots etc. What did you buy and at what cost?
    I converted mine to an AOD back when I had a 302 in my car. I ran low 11's at about 124MPH pretty consistantly, with the AOD it ran 10.8 every pass. The car would sixty foot in the mid 1.6's with the 2500 stall in it. It was a very reliable driver. It was my wifes daily driver and she hated shifting the thing. I swapped it out for an ART Carr AOD(3 times). I put the Lentech in it and I cannot say enough good things about it. If you can afford one, buy it. It has stood up to approx 200 passes so far. It now 60's in the mid 1.3's and on our local 1/8 mile track(the parking lot of Qualcomm stadium) it will run high 1.4 60's. The pedals and stuff are available at any Pick-a-part for next to nothing.
    Doug

PS
    I can't post the price because my wife might see it ;)
    Last edited by Doug; 04-04-2004 at 12:24 AM.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    what areas of the track does it spead up and slow down as some of my friends cars seam faster down low but i kill them when i think there in 3rd....

The automatic should not slow you down what so ever. You may lose 1 or 2 mph, but you'll gain 4-5 tenths. If your out horespowering them now, you absolutely cream them if you sixty well.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    I picked up 5 1/2 seconds when i went from a 5 speed to a C-4.......

BUT,

I also went from a bone stock set-up to my present set-up.

It should be as quick if not quicker ET wise.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)