Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Weird Overheating Problem.

Thread: Weird Overheating Problem.

Weird Overheating Problem.

So, I took the blower off the car, removed the ac with the ford motorsport ac delet kit, and now the car overheats like a big dog. I kinda figured that the thermostat was stuck, but the hose going off of it and into the radiator is hotter then haties, along with the thank on that side of the radiator. While I'm still able to remove the radiator cap and stick my finger in the fluid. All while the stock gauge reads 270? I don't believe I'm turning the water pump backwards since the groves are not touching the pump.

Any suggestions?

Brandon

this is how the belt is routed.
    90 strawberry coupe

did the fan clutch take a crap? did you check the waterpump for any play? I always check mine anytime I have the belt off. It sounds like a thermostat but you said you checked it.

maybe is the radiator?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I havn't checked the t stat yet. the fan clutch isn't in to bad of shape, but I kinda wonder about the radiator. I'll buy a new t stat tomorrow and change it after work and see if that helps. This whole day light savings time thing will buy me a bit more daylight at night.

brandon
    90 strawberry coupe