Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
10:1 compression

Thread: 10:1 compression

Junior SCH Member

10:1 compression

I just bought my first mustang and love it. It is a 306 with 10:1 compression, keith black pistons. I would like to put a supercharger on. I know it better to have low compression. So my question is what kind if any charger should I look for? Thanks!!

Junior SCH Member
    Congrats on the new car! With K/B pistons I'm assuming you're not going for a really high horsepower level. In which case I would probably look at a Vortech S-trim, P-1SC from Procharger, or the Novi 1000 from Paxton. You will probably want to invest in an intercooler when running that much compression also.
    87 Coupe - R-306 , YS-Trimmed, Edelbrock Heads, best ET 9.87@136

94 Lightning, K/B supercharged

Senior SCH Member
    you don't want to much timing either. when i got it tuned the tuner could only go with 19 degrees total timing and then it started to pick up knock. this is with 9.8:1 with 10psi. i'm pretty sure that the factory computer will add up to 16 degress to your base timing so if you put a blower on it i would pull the spout connector and set you timing to about 15 degrees until you can get it tuned. i have mine at a base of 10 and total of 19. thats with a custom chip.