Thread: Need a YS, YSi Pro..

Need a YS, YSi Pro..

Hey guys,

I have a quick question.

When I was researching brackets for the V1 and V7 line from Vortech I see alot of people that say a V1 bracket will fit in a V7 head unit with minor mods. Can anyone tell me what those mods would be?

I have several customers that want to use the new SCH Racing system on their V7's but I want to ensure the system will work correctly.

Thanks,

Ian

itll bolt on just the same......by the way,that bracket looks strikingly like the one i designed and was trying to market........
    dale@swillracing

SCH Member
    FYI, Vortech came out with a dual plate passenger side bracket almost 2 yrs ago.. Dan Jaynes ran it when he had the passenger side blower on his car... Ralphie and I discussed this but things never came through.. I did have ray design and make one but people would not spend the cash for the bracket (over a year ago)...

Ian, you have a nice product.. this is america and I wish you all the best with these brackets.. I hope you dont run into the problem we had and that is Peeps with street cars dont want to spend the $300 on just brackets...

good luck

Senior SCH Member
    It is funny how multiple people can come up with similar ideas. I built a custom bracket for my car that is different yet similar to this new bracket. I made mine out of necessity rather than for profit (I only made the one for my own use). I put up a site showing how it works at:

http://superstang.com/tensioner.htm

Thanks Bob, the response has been great so far and I hope it continues.

Yours also looks nice itlkick but I must say mine is better :)

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Yours also looks nice itlkick but I must say mine is better :)

Ian
    Whoa - wait a minute! LOL!

My system does something yours doesn't (pondering if I should tell you......)

..... ok I will!

You see the goal of my bracket was to move the tensioner closer to the crank pulley to achieve a belt angle that would allow me to run the 80 tooth cog pulley. The side benefit I get is, since this is the drive or tension side of the belt, my sine wave harmonics will be greatly reduced. The distance from the drive pulley to the idler is far less on my setup - therefore reducing the strength of the sine wave harmonic and reducing flex even more!

There - what do you think of that!

BTW - I agree yours is better....
    Last edited by itlkick; 04-07-2004 at 01:30 PM.

Send one my way and i will try it on my 95 cobra with the YSi. I run passenger mount (originally a s-trim bracket kit) but i made a faceplate that is three times thicker than stock. If it works out i'll pay ya full price. If not i'll send it back to ya. I'll even photograph the application and emial it to ya. I think you've got a good looking product and i think it will work.

Senior SCH Member

Ian - I need your help!

OK - I went to the track today to get ready for the Hot Rod Pump-Gas Drags. I made 4 passes and launched the supercharger belt each time. The belt flies off whenever I exceed 6,000 RPM.

The funny part is when I short shifted at 5,500 RPM and then lost the belt at the 1,000 foot mark in drive I still ran a 10.6! I didn't think that was so bad but I can't lose a belt when I am at the pump-gas drags.

Do you have any of these plates available for sale? I think the problem is my supercharger is flexing (and my really cool bracket I built sucks). I need a stronger system and I think this bracket could work.

So - here is the advantage for you.
    * I will find out if a YS-Trim (V7) will fit (I am sure it will)
    * If it fixes the problem I will MAKE SURE that Hot Rod knows it fixed the problem and make a big deal out of it (possible exposure in Hot Rod Magazine and possibly on Hot Rod TV).
    * I will be able to let you know if it really fixes it!

So - PM me if you can overnight me a setup on Monday so I can have it on Tuesday. I will PM you my cell phone number so you can call if you wanted. I didn't want to send this as a PM becuase I figure others on the board may be interested and want to know how it turns out....

Thanks!

I sent you a PM...

Thanks

Ian, did you get my email? The 93 plate system will not work. Can you make one for a 95? I have a spare front plate i could send you. Will you need the back main bracket also?

Yep I got it and just replied.

Ian