Thread: Blower Pulley for SN93....

SCH Member

Blower Pulley for SN93....

Alright. First off, my combo is a DSS 306, F-cam w/ 1.6's, Edelbrock Performers (home ported), Performer RPM intake(home ported), 1/2" spacer, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, 36lb injectors, 255lph pump, A9L swap w/ chip, bbk shortys, o/r x-pipe, Paxton SN93 w/ VR4 impeller, 4" Powerpipe.

Right now i have the stock crank pulley and blower pulley (3.75"), and when it doesnt slip, it sees 10psi peak at the blower, 7-8psi peak at the intake.

Two of the grooves on the pulley are worn down, so since i gotta get a new pulley, i might as well go a little smaller. How much boost would i see with a 3.50" pulley?

Also, does anyone know if i can run a pulley for a Novi1000/2000 on this unit? If not, can this company custom make me one?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    ASP makes pulleys for the VR4 and if you want to make a nice constant boost rake go with the 3.5" and a 7" crank 8rib and you will see 12-14psi. You will start seeing slip with the 3.5" so you need a 8rib setup or you will gain nothing.

SCH Member
    ASP have a website?

Will i be overspinning the blower with a 3.50" pulley and 7" crank pulley?

using that calculator thing on vortech (not sure how accurate it is or anything) says with a 7" crank pulley, 3.50" blower pulley, it will be turning 42,090rpm @ 6100rpm.

How fast can you turn a SN93 w/ VR4 impeller?
    Last edited by PaxtonBlown306; 04-09-2004 at 12:20 AM.

www.aspracing.com
    Your already overspinning the supercharger.
    I change my Type 'F' after every race and every 3000 miles on the street and have 50k+miles on my daily unit and 15k+ miles on the unit I raced for 6 years with a 3" blower and a 7" crank. Just don't miss a shift..LOL

SCH Member
    So if i go with a 3.5" upper, 7" lower and continue to change the oil (i also use Type F) frequently i shouldnt have much of a problem? I have an external oil cooler, and i only turn the motor 6100 max.

You will be spinning the supercharger really hard but to get any more boost and to get max boost you have no choice. No guarantee as they say in the Speed Parts Mags.

SCH Member
    alright. I decided im just gonna go with another 3.75" pulley, and just play with the boost it makes with this combo.

Everyday on the street I run a 3.75" and a 7" crank pulley.