Thread: P1SC concerns

Junior SCH Member

P1SC concerns

im am fixing to install this supercharger on my car.would like to here from some people how have this setup and how it is working for them.also how long have they had it.i have almost all the bolt ons i want.full exaust,ect....just want make sure my motor will hold up.the car will be prof. tuned as will.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkgt
    im am fixing to install this supercharger on my car.would like to here from some people how have this setup and how it is working for them.also how long have they had it.i have almost all the bolt ons i want.full exaust,ect....just want make sure my motor will hold up.the car will be prof. tuned as will.thanks
    Had a lot of tuning issues w/ no help from ATI at all. Check out this thread on here if you haven't already. Should be helpful.
    P1SC thread
    92 LX 5.0 Procharged 9lb boost 3 core intercooler
    My Stang Site

Hurst shorty shifter, H pipe Straight thru mufflers 3 inch stainless tips, 3:55 gears Autometer gauges Autometer Phantom Monster Tach/shiftlight, Lightning audio amp and 10" subs in custom sub box, Sony cd head unit, Cervini's cobra r hood and factory style wing, Ford Racing 17 x 8 crome bullitts, Kumo 245/45/17 tires, MSD 6al ignition system, MSD dist. cap, Crane fireball ps 91 coil, Ford Racing 9mm ignition wires, ATI Procharger 9lb boost w/ 3 core intercooler, Polished PA Proformance 3G 130 amp alternator, 255lph Holley fuel pump, Canton Racing aluminum overflow tank, Professional Products Typhoon polished intake, 70 mm throttle body and egr plate, Chrome t-stat housing, Chrome radiator hoses, Ford Racing polished aluminum valve covers, Billet distributor hold down, Misc. chrome parts for underhood accessories, Battery relocate, Optima red top battery, BBK cold air intake

Junior SCH Member
    that does not sound like ATI is very helpful.my car is being done by Houston Performance.how is your car holding up.think my 4.6 can handle 9 or 10#s?is that to much on a stock motor that is a daily driver?thanks for the help

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02blkgt
    that does not sound like ATI is very helpful.my car is being done by Houston Performance.how is your car holding up.think my 4.6 can handle 9 or 10#s?is that to much on a stock motor that is a daily driver?thanks for the help
    9lbs may be pushing the stock internals luck! Here is what happened at 8lbs with my stock block just after about a month of use. I would recommend 8lbs and a great dyno tune (SCT or EFI). Also ensure that you get the 03 Cobra Tank and pumps, maybe even a KB BAP. To do it right you will have between 5 and 6K invested in your P1SC install (blower, injectors, meter, guages, cobra tank and pumps, Dyno Tune). Don't go this route if you are not ready to rebuild or replace your motor. Anything can happen once you start playing with Power Adders.

Good luck, Ralph

And now the pic of my 8lb accident:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    Here was what I found when the head was removed! This block was trashed.... cracked cylindar wall and everything. It is messed up, but I love these pics! Strange, but this gave me a reason to build a monster!!!! Once you are addicted to boost there is no going back!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods