Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
About to install my Novi2k, want 15psi - should I just wait and see?

Thread: About to install my Novi2k, want 15psi - should I just wait and see?

Question About to install my Novi2k, want 15psi - should I just wait and see?

I will be installing my Novi2000 on my 94 Mustang soon. My engine was built by DSS to be supercharged, and they said it should be able to handle 15psi easily. I know the stock Paxton crank pulley (I measured my crank pulley at about 7 11/16")is supposed to make 8-10psi, but since I'm wanting more I know I need a new pulley.

I definitely want to change the crank pulley as opposed to the blower pulley because of the Paxton warranty issue. Should I go ahead and get one now (if so what one, and where should I get it from?) or should I just install the stock one and see how much boost it makes on my combo and go from there? Here is my combo:

DSS Pro Bullet 306
    8.7:1
    AFR 185
    Holley Systemax
    Aeromotive Competition Fuel Sys
    probably 55lb low impedance injectors
    Anderson PMS system

Thanks!

If your stock pulley is a 7 inch, you're going to have to get a custom one made. I haven't seen an 8 inch 10-rib crank pulley yet myself...

But if you want more boost, that's probably the way to do it to avoid voiding the warranty, and leaving the stock pulley on the blower gives more belt grip than a smaller one would.

Have you put on a power pipe yet? That will yield nice gains as well and doesn't require a new belt or fancy fab work...
    Mods Pics
    13.18 @ 106.09 mph pre-blower
    Novi 2000 whistling under the hood

IMO stick with the 10lbs. Even though the block is no doubt girdled (DSS trademark) it's still a stock block and you should most likely hit or be very close to 500 rwhp which in itself is a power level known for splitting production based blocks right down the center of the lifter valley. Pushing 15lbs will easily put you at or above 550 rwhp....at that level it's a time bomb.

you know I just may take that advice. Plus with the low compression ratio and the UPR power pipe I got it's probably better to just install the kit as-is and see how much boost it makes.

I went ahead and ordered my PMS today along with some 55lb injectors, so I should start making some NOVIpower in about a month! WO-HOO!!! :D

Vortech makes an 8inch 10 rib crank pulley (i have one sitting in my shop) but i cant find a 10 rib belt to fit it
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph