Thread: Fuel questions?

SCH Member

Fuel questions?

Hi Guys, I have a 1988 5.0 with gt-40 upper and lower,C&L 73mm mass air cal-24# edelbrock performer Heads, 1.7RR 24#injectors with fmu cal-for 24#s stock cam,255 intank fuel pump and sn-92 old school Paxton 6#. I have just gotten a P-600b Procharger with a 3 core intercooler I plan to install in the next few weeks, I have heard that the Fmu is not a good thing to keep due to being hard to tune so I am looking to get rid of it! 1st will I need 36# or 42# injectors? I plan on getting the new pro-m univer since my system is blow-through.Do I need this or can I keep my C&L? I also have a t-rex in line pump that was given to me, should I use this?Will it work with the 255 in tank? I plan to run around 10# of boost.I also plan on getting a dyno tune and a chip burnt by Mustang Magic,Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Frank

Junior SCH Member
    Ill try to answer some of your questions by what has worked for me.

ProM universal has been great for me. Never used a C&L Mass air so i cant comment on them. I have a Whalboro 340 (255 lph) fuel pump with an Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and 42's. Also works great for me... i ditched the fmu, cause i find that the FP regulator is easier to set up properly, and more consistent. The 36's however might be better for your combination, but if you plan on going bigger, then id go with the 42's.
    Not sure if that helps or not....
    good luck Frank.
    95GT: 347 stroker, AFR 185cc heads,Holley Systemax II intake, Anderson B-31 cam, Pro-M Universal MAF, 42lb injectors, 14psi P600B.

SCH Member
    Dear friend:
    I use th FMU with no Problems, and I have a bone stock engine, running a p600 11 psi of boost.
    24# injectors, thyphoon intake, 75 mm throttle body and MAF ait flow sensor from CL ( 76 mm).
    C&L flow meter works great, adn did not have problems what so ever, my A/F ratio is 11.0:1 all the way from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm, and dyno numbers are 350 hp, adn 380 pounds of torque at rear wheels.
    I hope this would help you decide what to do.
    Enjoy the boost.
    Pablo

SCH Member
    WOW those are great #s ! I do have bigger heads though! And if and when I go through some head Gaskets I do plan on having the Edelbrocks ported a little.Everyone keeps telling me I am going to go lean up top with the 24#s! I wanted to keep them but dont want to risk breaking things on the car this summer The car has been sitting for a few years and I want to get it dynoed and running this summer!Thanks for the info Frank