Thread: Injector size?

SCH Member

Injector size?

Hi Guys, I have a 1988 5.0 with gt-40 upper and lower,C&L 73mm mass air cal-24# edelbrock performer Heads, 1.7RR 24#injectors with fmu cal-for 24#s stock cam,255 intank fuel pump and sn-92 old school Paxton 6#. I have just gotten a P-600b Procharger with a 3 core intercooler I plan to install in the next few weeks, I have heard that the Fmu is not a good thing to keep due to being hard to tune so I am looking to get rid of it! 1st will I need 36# or 42# injectors? I plan on getting the new pro-m univer since my system is blow-through.Do I need this or can I keep my C&L? I also have a t-rex in line pump that was given to me, should I use this?Will it work with the 255 in tank? I plan to run around 10# of boost.I also plan on getting a dyno tune and a chip burnt by Mustang Magic,Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Frank

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    42 lb injectors. You can not use the C&L. You can use the T-REX but I don't really think you will need it but being safe is good.

Aaron, I thought the C&L was a decent choice for blow through apps...If not I've been giving my friend wrong advice. :o
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Brent without a tuning device or chip I have not been able to get the C&L to give a constant reading as a blow thru meter. With a PMS I have been able change the fuel curve and it works great but as a stand alone it has throttle response problems. It seems to work in slow motion alot of throttle lag.