Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YSi Pulley's??

YSi Pulley's??

Any one tried the Reichard Ultra grip pulley. I currently have the 8"/3" 8 Rib vortech renegade pulleys' on my YSi. At about 5,800 -6,000 RPM it begins to slip. I have the Anderson Ford Tensionor very tight also. But was wondering if the Reichard pulley would help more than the vortech renegade pulley. Or any other brand of pulley for that matter? I would like to run an 2.85 supercharger pulley also if possible to make the blower spin faster and keep my shift point @ 6,000RPM

Yesterday's dyno was 632RWHP at 16psi. Still had more in it, but belt slipped at high RPM's

Thanks,

Steve

I would try the Riechard pulley or a Goodyear Ultra Grip Serp Belt.

Nice dyno #'s

What is your combo?

I have a 351 sportsman short block w/ Lunati cam, trick flow track heat heads, 60# injectors, weldon 2015 fuel pump & regulator, vortech fuel rails, GT 40 Intake, electric water pump & fan, MSD 6AL ignition, BBK long tube headers 2 1/2 in exhaust with Bassani X-pipe, and a whole lot of other body modifications.

Steve

If this is the passenger side blower, why don't you try the plate and tensioner sold on this site?

Yes it is a passenger side mount, but the ability to get it tight is not the problem. I can get it as tight as I need. Probably to the point of something breaking. I also have an vortech brace that connects the crank and supercharger pulley, so I have no flex on the bracket. How will the one here help slippage, anymore than what I have?

Steve

dude...have you ever been to an nmra race?walk through the pits and look at some renegade cars,the belt has to be TIGHT!!!!like a banjo string!!!the ysi creats serious drag under boost...you need serious belt tension!w/ a 3"pulley and only 6000rpm you should have no slippage......the problem lies in the stock vortech tens. device ...not really suited for serious racing use ...also we use the reichard pulleys w/ exellent results ...we have used a 2.80 at 8000 rpm w little slip on our renegade car.....
    dale@swillracing

swilldup,

any particular belt you prefer with the Reichard pulley. I plan on ordering the 2.8 or 2.75 from Reichard. The first time the belt slipped on the dyno, it wasn't "bajo tight," my mistake. But that slippage may have lead to the later slippage when the belt was "banjo tight." ??
    I plan on re-dynoing it in a few weeks with the new pulley. Hopefully it will end up with 700 rwhp. With an AOD this will easily put me upper mid to high 9's, which is all I want. The car is more show, with some(bunch of) go, rather all go!! It is primarily a street car with a few passes for the fun of it each year.

I will TRY to post some pics.

Thanks for the info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dayco Gold.

The poly cog gold ones??

yes
    dale@swillracing

Thanks,

I will let you know the results of the new belt and 2.8 ultra grip pulley when I get them and test them on the dyno in a few weeks.

remember....tight,tight,tight.....
    dale@swillracing

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Yes it is a passenger side mount, but the ability to get it tight is not the problem. I can get it as tight as I need. Probably to the point of something breaking. I also have an vortech brace that connects the crank and supercharger pulley, so I have no flex on the bracket. How will the one here help slippage, anymore than what I have?

Steve
    How do you like the Vortech strut brace? I have one now and am just installing it. Talk about a tight fit!

It seems to work great. No flex on the braket and no huge pressure on the bearing when you crank down on the belt.

Did you see my pictures of the install. I have about 1/2 or so between the fan and the bace, the picture makes it look worse than it is. I put the fan and radiator in last, makes the install a lot easier.

Senior SCH Member
    I just looked - very nice! I am suprised you were able to leave the radiator hose inlet where it is - I need to move mine as the strut brace is too close to the water neck. After seeing the way yours fits I may mess with mine a little more first.

I am running the 35mm cog setup so the pulleys are a little thicker than your serpentine setup.

Looks very nice.