Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what size injectors for 450+ rwhp?

what size injectors for 450+ rwhp?

I've got 30# injectors and am in the 350-370 rwhp neighborhood. I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy a TFS engine kit w/o the cam. That includes the heads and intake. I'm guessing I should gain at least 100 rwhp.

I'm figuring I should be in the high 400 rwhp. Two things I'll need to address are fuel pump and injectors. I suppose I'll need to replace the 190 lph w/a 255. I'm also guessing that I'll need 42# injectors.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. This is new territory for me.
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k

I would personally go with a set of 42's. They will give you room to grow and provide plenty of insurance.

Ian

42's will work well with 450 rwhp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

ditto....I'm gonna run the 42lb'rs on my new combo and when i go to a smaller blower pulley or the 8" crank, i'll slap an FMU on for 2 or 3 wild passes and take it back off.

What cam are you gonna run?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe

What cam are you gonna run?
    I'm sticking with the stock cam for now. I may upgrade that later.

I figured 42s would be fine, but I wanted to hear from experience. So how bad is my gas mileage gonna drop?
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k

get quality meter like a Pro-M shorty and it will much better than if you stick with the C&L. As for the mileage it's all in the tune but they are all different.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

get quality meter like a Pro-M shorty and it will much better than if you stick with the C&L. As for the mileage it's all in the tune but they are all different.
    I kinda want to step up to a slightly larger MAF, but I've seen people have trouble with them when they start switching. Mine has worked great, and I'm afraid to mess with it.

I had a hellacious time with my 76C&L, and I wouldn't reccomend them for 42's. N/A with 24's it was great. However there are alot of guys on here that run the 80 C&L with much success. It's hard to beat the Pro-M 80.

I am running the Pro-M 75 and I get 125 miles to a full tank with my 42's and tune.

Give this a try http://www.injector.com/injectorsele...44434a70b7e8ca

I'm sure it's not totally perfect but it'll give you an idea.

thanks, that is a help. I think it must be conservative b/c it recommends around 50# for a blown engine at 500HP. I see that most people can get away w/42s.

Quote Originally Posted by 94 SC5 0
    I am running the Pro-M 75 and I get 125 miles to a full tank with my 42's and tune.
    Holy crappy mileage Batman, lol.

That's about 10 miles to the gallon... figured it'd be a little more than that with 42's
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Dude I wish I was getting more! I just don't understand it?
    Maybe the advanced timing will help me out. I was told that they were to much for my current set up when they were installed but I have a 331 going in soon so I just kept them in oppossed to getting some more. Now go figure that we are in a fuel crisis and gas in the DC Metro area is over $2 per gallon and I've never use anything but 93.

SCH Member
    ive seen cars make 500+hp to the tires with 30# injectors... granted, thats probably at 100% cycle duty..but still made the numbers. With your setup, you could stick with the 30's, or go to 36's for the power you'll probably be making.

I run 36's with a heads/cam 306 with 8# of boost with no problems.

I had a hellacious time with my 76C&L, and I wouldn't reccomend them for 42's. N/A with 24's it was great. However there are alot of guys on here that run the 80 C&L with much success. It's hard to beat the Pro-M 80.
    Im running a C&L 76MM w/ a 30LB sampeling tube (30LB Injectors) and it works MINT! We first started up the car after the Paxton Install and I had 0 ideling issues w/ it and that was before we even played w/ the throttle and fuel pressure. The car idels just like stock, the C&L works very well w/ my set up.