Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spout out timing ???

I think I was involved in that world famous corral thread.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Did you try the mod?

I've been playing with and using spout out timing for years. I love it. Running 24* right now.

Once I trust my BTM I will go to 30* and pull timing with the BTM.

It's the safest way to run a stock computer car period.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

I like the punch it gives at 20, maybe go for more later. I just need to get this frigg'n idle down past 1200! With an off-road pipe its noticebly loud at night! :)

JR, timing is a major key in idle. Try 24* just to see if it idles down and i bet it does.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Cool! I will go out now and try it. :)

You may have to reset your idle speed and unhook the battery and clear the EEC as well...
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    If all goes well & I didn't "F" anything up to major then it should fire Sunday pm, I've got a buddy coming by to help me put the trans in and get it buttoned up.
    Well I gave it hell, but too many snags along the way.....No fire this w/e boys.

I've gotta fix a fuel leak at the rail, upper intake needs to come back off

The bolts supplied with my convertor are not working, gonna have to pick up some shorter ones & retap one hole on the convertor, hopefully it's not toast or else I'll have to drill that hole out & re-tap for a slightly larger bolt.

That damn trans about killed us trying to lift it in, I like stabbing a 5-spd much better, will be sore as hell in the am.

Maybe next weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX

That damn trans about killed us trying to lift it in, I like stabbing a 5-spd much better, will be sore as hell in the am.

Maybe next weekend.
    Yup. If I have to put the motor and tranny in they always go in together unless there's a major issue. That sucks about the converter and the intake. keep at it. ;) I ordered all my parts i need so I shouldn't be too far off.

This sounds interesting. I'll try it out this weekend. Just a little off topic, is this how the old school guys back in the carb days used to run them? ya know, with just one setting because of no ECU.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

well the old school carb guys would do this if they didn't have the right advance curve. They just pull the vacuum line off and set it where ever thay want.

OMFG!!! Big difference in power! And it is HOT outside, like 90-95. Car runs so much better and quicker. For some reason, my FMU has much quicker response now. I wish I'd have tryed it last winter when it was still cool out. Anyways, I set it to 21* total timing. With 6 psi and 91 octane gas, you guys think I could get away with a little more, like 22 or 23?
    And OMG the exhaust sounds so sweet now under WOT. Best free mod ever! :D
    Last edited by RydeOn; 05-02-2004 at 08:08 PM.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

congrats on the most under-rated mod ever! Torques'R'us LOL

Id say yes you can get away with more but if it dosen't 'feel' faster or if you have any knock at all take it back where it was.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Id say yes you can get away with more but if it dosen't 'feel' faster or if you have any knock at all take it back where it was.
    Ok, sounds good. Thanks, B

I wish I had actually tried it before I pulled it all apart, my car launched crazy enough with the 4.10's I used to have, would have loved to see what it would have been like with more torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th