Thread: i need lots of help

Junior SCH Member

i need lots of help

hey hows it going ? i have some questions and need lots of help , i just purchased a used supercharger off e-bay and have some questions , its a paxton sn-89 . the guy says that it turns a little tight but there is no damage that he can see , is that normal for it to turn tight? also were and how much oil psi do i need to tap into to feed this unit . can anybody tell me about how many lbs. of boost this has? where do i tap into to hook up a boost gauge ? and does anybody know where i can get the rubber to connect the pipes together . can i just use some pvc couplers? i am putting this unit on my 2002 dodge ram wikth a 4.7L v-8 . if that helps at all . any help i coould get would be awesome . also if there is anything i should know before attempting to do this please tell me !!

thanks for your help .

If he is saying it turns a little tight, I would be weary of buying it,,sounds like there may be something up with that... Superchargers in general dont spin say as easy as a water pump, they are harder to turn,, but if he is saying it turns a little tight,,, bearings may be worn, as for your other questions,, I thought the paxton unit has self contained oil,,, you can hook a boost guage to any positive vac line..,, Bee

Senior SCH Member
    [B]It should take about 42ft lbs to turn the pulley. The sn series do not need oil from teh engine. You use ford type f atf directly into the unit and use the dip stick to measure the proper level. Also, you can get an oil cooler/dip stick style from Craig @ paradise wheels inc. as well as the rest of the parts you are looking for.

Junior SCH Member
    hey hows it going thanks for your info . i really appreciate it . also though how wouldl i go about hooking up a boost gauge to it . im not real good with this supercharger stuff . although very mechanically inclined . hence the making it work on my truck . so again thanks for your help .
    p.s. did you mean 42 inch lbs . ??

I'm pretty sure he meant 42ft pounds. They are very hard to turn over by hand.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous