Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
serpantine belt walking...

Thread: serpantine belt walking...

Senior SCH Member

serpantine belt walking...

i can not seem to keep a serpantine belt on longer then a month recenlty. i have checked the pullies with a straight edge and everything seems fine. also the tensioner is shimmed properly and is level. the belt always walks towards the firewall on the a/c compressor. yesterday when the latest one went it destroyed the a/c wire connector. this is really starting to bother me...

any suggestions besides losing the a/c :D
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member

Re: serpantine belt walking...

Originally posted by MoDo
    i can not seem to keep a serpantine belt on longer then a month recenlty. i have checked the pullies with a straight edge and everything seems fine. also the tensioner is shimmed properly and is level. the belt always walks towards the firewall on the a/c compressor. yesterday when the latest one went it destroyed the a/c wire connector. this is really starting to bother me...

any suggestions besides losing the a/c :D
    I know you say the tensioner is shimmed correctly, but it can't hurt to pull it a little bit farther out?
    **93 Calypso Green LX 5.0, 1 of 654**
    BBK Ceramic coated shorties, Stainless H-pipe, Flowmaster catback, underdrive pullies, and 3:55 gears!

**89 LX 5.0**
    Vortech S-Trim with AFM Powerpipe, Pro-M with 36lb injectors, Kirban AFPR, FMS ceramic coated headers, Hedman Offroad H-Pipe, Flowmaster Catback, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, 3.73 gears, and a few gauges!

**90 LX 2.3**
    88hp of one wheel spinning fury. The best 835.79 spent so far!

Check out this post. I was having that same problem. In this post I described what I did to fix it.

http://www.vortechpower.com/forums/s...s=&threadid=68

Trey
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

I have to run a washer behind the tensioner too or I shred belts. With one washer behind it, it is shimmed perfect and I haven't thrown a belt since.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage