Thread: Question about the Novi-2000

Junior SCH Member

Question about the Novi-2000

i recently bought a 92 GT and here are the mods so far
    no A/C no Air pump
    long tube headers, offroad H, flowmasters
    ported stock heads, 1.6 roller rockers
    possible a cam (i can't tell the idle seems lumpy but its also lower than 800rpm)
    i have a ported cobra intake + 65mm tbody and 1" intake spacer to be put on
    i have a 190# fuel pump to go in

i was thinking of saving up for a while and either putting on a novi2k my self or paying someone to do it. it has roughtly 10k miles on it. i was planning on getting a 75MM proM MAF + 24# injectors for now would that be sufficient and when its time for a blower get 30#+.

I was just wondering how hard the install is, its my daily driver so i can't really do it over a period of time if i start it i gotta finish it that day. also what kindof #s / boost levels could i handle and is it really worth the money or should i do heads / cam instead?

w/ out the heads and cam being done it will net you about 350 RWHP. If you stay N/A and just do the H/C/I and other bolt ons then you will net around 280-300 RWHP depending on what parts you use. The Install can be easy or hard depending on how mechanicaly inclined you are. If your a novice then it might be tough but if you know your way around an engine and turning wrenches is nothing new to you then it wont be to hard. I wouldent try to do it all in one day, find sometime when you have a day or 2 off b/c you never know what kind of problems you can run into and doing a supercharger install is nothing to rush. #24's will be cutting it close, #30 or #36's should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RioRedSN95
    w/ out the heads and cam being done it will net you about 350 RWHP. If you stay N/A and just do the H/C/I and other bolt ons then you will net around 280-300 RWHP depending on what parts you use. The Install can be easy or hard depending on how mechanicaly inclined you are. If your a novice then it might be tough but if you know your way around an engine and turning wrenches is nothing new to you then it wont be to hard. I wouldent try to do it all in one day, find sometime when you have a day or 2 off b/c you never know what kind of problems you can run into and doing a supercharger install is nothing to rush. #24's will be cutting it close, #30 or #36's should work fine.

I agree. I had a friend who know's motors backwards and forwards, but this was his first s/c install. It took me and him (mostly him-I just fetched stuff for the most part) nearly 2 days. That did include dropping the tank and changing the fuel pump.

this is my rant from march of last year. http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=993

I'd look over it before the install b/c I ran into a few probs. I don't know if the kit has been modified since then.
    Last edited by rbridges; 04-27-2004 at 02:49 PM.
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k