Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
PCV Questions.

Thread: PCV Questions.

Junior SCH Member

PCV Questions.

Hey folks,

A couple questions here about pcv systems... anyone have any suggestions? I have a p600b and i believe Procharger recommends ditching the system and just venting to atmosphere. I have had problems with blowing out oil seals and gaskets with it setup the way they recommend.

A mechanic i know wants me to get a proper pcv system going, because he figures that the pressure should be drawn out from vacuum instead of just venting out under pressure.

There are a couple of different options i can go with here... Hook it up to the intake, but then i have to worry about putting boost in the oil system, and making things worse...

Or hooking it up to the air filter, but i have heard that you can actually suck the oil right out of the valve covers at high rpm's.

Im lost here, and looking for any suggestions that i can try or something that has worked for you.

Thanks again, Jon
    95GT: 347 stroker, AFR 185cc heads,Holley Systemax II intake, Anderson B-31 cam, Pro-M Universal MAF, 42lb injectors, 14psi P600B.

Check out my thread I just wrote on this subject...you should be able to do something very similiar.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/show...4225#post34225

SCH Member
    I your smog laws alows you to vent it to the atmosphere, just DO IT..
    DO not put back the same PCV into the intake system, the boost pressure would make things worst.
    If you already done it, and you still have problems blowing out oil seals and gaskets of you engine, then you problem is at your pistons rings, to much blow by, under pressure or boost things would be worst.
    Have you mechanic do a leak test on all cylenders of the engine to determine if you have worn or broken piston rings.
    I hope this would help you.
    Enjoy the boost!!!
    Pablo

Junior SCH Member
    You could also use a catch tank before routing the line back into the intake tract or compressor housing (depending on setup). I ran my lines from the PCV to a catch tank (filled with filtering materials, green scrub pad, non-metallic type) then routed back into the S/C housing. Not sure if that type of setup will work for you or not. Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo
    DO not put back the same PCV into the intake system, the boost pressure would make things worst.
    How so? The vent tube is going to the inlet side of the blower so it's not pressurized.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    I hooked up one PCV to the air filter, another to a vacuum source (with a one way check valve) and my other valve cover still has a breather cap on it. Hopefully this will solve my problem. Guess i have to re-silicon the lower intake and run it again, in hopes that it doesn't leak oil anymore.
    Thanks for all the help... if anyone else has insight here, im all ears.
    - Jon
    95GT: 347 stroker, AFR 185cc heads,Holley Systemax II intake, Anderson B-31 cam, Pro-M Universal MAF, 42lb injectors, 14psi P600B.

Hey Jon, if you are having trouble with the end rails on the intake blowing out here's a little trick. Take a small punch and dimple the end rails on the intake and on the block all along the sealing surface. Then throw the cork gasket in the trash, lay you a good bead of the ultra black RTV and this should keep things in check there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Wow... that sounds like a really good idea.
    Any idea how many dimples i should put in it?

Thanks a lot man... ill give that a shot and let you know how it goes.
    - Jon

I was able to put two rows staggered on mine all the way across the rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th