Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question about where you mount the mas air.

Junior SCH Member

Quick question about where you mount the mas air.

Hey guys I just wanted to know in the procharger kits where do they mount the mas air or the univer?

Do they put them inside the fender well between the throttle body and the intercooler?

Does the distance from the meter to the throttle body mater at all?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mod Goose; 04-23-2004 at 06:02 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Yep, the fenderwell is where it goes. And I don't think it matters where between the I/C and TB that the meter goes, there's not a whole lot of room to move it in the fenderwell :D

Junior SCH Member
    cool, thanks!

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Goose
    Hey guys I just wanted to know in the procharger kits where do they mount the mas air or the univer?

Do they put them inside the fender well between the throttle body and the intercooler?

Does the distance from the meter to the throttle body mater at all?

Thanks
    I got rid of my Univer from inside the fenderwell and bought a ATI Blow Thru Tube. I fabed some pipe to make up for where the univer was and then I cut the pipes that led to the TBody. Ended up putting the blow thru meter under the hood. Here are some pics.

PS: don't you just love those T-Bolt clamps? I do! I was having problems with my fabed pipes blowing off between 12 and 14 psi of boost... I had the pipes flared on the ends and then used these huge t-bolt clamps. They won't ever come off now! :D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ScaryGT; 05-04-2004 at 08:40 PM.
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    another
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    Scary GT that's awesome thanks! I also just bought the same meter you did... soo far how do you like it compared to the univer?

here is a random question, does your 03 gt have a seperate IAT sensor after the meter? Or did they integrate it into the mas? The connector on my new meter is a 6 pin and my stocker was a 4 pin. Car is a 98 cobra.... Pro-Flow said it will work but I am just guessing that's what the 2 extra pins are for and when looking inside the mas I think the small little sensor besides the mas air sensor is the integrated IAT sensor.

thanks for the pictures! Nice car man!

Junior SCH Member
    Scary GT that's awesome thanks! I also just bought the same meter you did... soo far how do you like it compared to the univer?

here is a random question, does your 03 gt have a seperate IAT sensor after the meter? Or did they integrate it into the mas? The connector on my new meter is a 6 pin and my stocker was a 4 pin. Car is a 98 cobra.... Pro-Flow said it will work but I am just guessing that's what the 2 extra pins are for and when looking inside the mas I think the small little sensor besides the mas air sensor is the integrated IAT sensor.

thanks for the pictures! Nice car man!
    Hey Mod Goose. I also have the ProM ATI Solution tube and it DOES have the IAT sensor in the meter. I had already moved mine into a different location since I was originally using a LMAF. The meter has been working well for me and judging by ScaryGT's dyno numbers, I'd say it's working well for him too :D

Junior SCH Member
    This is sounding like good news!!!!

I was pretty sure it was the IAT sensor also...

Thanks for the info Sonic Blue 2v

Junior SCH Member
    Mod Goose,

Yes my new Tube has the IAT integrated in it. My Univer had it seperate.

So far I love the the ATI Tube. You'll be happy with it.

Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    Hey ScaryGT, is that bend in the pipe before your meter throwing the readings off?

I just installed mine and I guess the guy at Pro-M told me my meter can't have any bends within 12 incs of it??? If so I am in a huge mess with my setup right now....

Junior SCH Member
    Hey ScaryGT, is that bend in the pipe before your meter throwing the readings off?

I just installed mine and I guess the guy at Pro-M told me my meter can't have any bends within 12 incs of it??? If so I am in a huge mess with my setup right now....
    I learned the same lesson that ScaryGT did, I had to move the maf out of the fenderwell and run it before the throttle body with a nice straight shot going in. Mine now has about 10-12 inches of straight shot before the maf. I just reworked some of the piping to get it correct. If you do change the piping, make sure you have flared ends on all the pipes so they don't blow off under boost :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Blue 2V
    I learned the same lesson that ScaryGT did, I had to move the maf out of the fenderwell and run it before the throttle body with a nice straight shot going in. Mine now has about 10-12 inches of straight shot before the maf. I just reworked some of the piping to get it correct. If you do change the piping, make sure you have flared ends on all the pipes so they don't blow off under boost :D
    Hey Sonic Blue 2v, what was your car doing before you had to remount the mas air? My car can't for the life of it hold an idle right now because it has a 45 degree bend in front of the meter....

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Sonic Blue 2v, what was your car doing before you had to remount the mas air? My car can't for the life of it hold an idle right now because it has a 45 degree bend in front of the meter....
    The meter was reading so off and running rich that I couldn't tune it for idle or part throttle. Even tried two different types of meters with the same results. When I gave it a straight shot into the meter, I was able to tune just fine and have since dyno tuned it with good results. I was datalogging with Autotap on a laptop to determine what the short term fuel trims were at and used SCT (Superchip Custome Tuner) to make the changes.

Junior SCH Member
    well I added some striaght pipe to it... changed the way the car idles a little bit... It does run rich as hell also. I hope my tuner can fix it or else I am at the point of getting rid of the car.

Thanks for the help!

Junior SCH Member
    Hang in there man, it'll be worth it when you do get it tuned:D