Thread: Intake Plumbing

Junior SCH Member

Intake Plumbing

I am hoping someone can send me in right direction concerning intake plumbing. I am trying to fabricate the intake to my Vortec SC as you can see by the pictures that it needs something else and was thinking of a thin wall abs or high temp plastic that I can make and bend myself that looks good but have just come up empty. Tried bending metal but there is just not enough room. Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Porsche Supercharged (Vortech) Six Banger

Junior SCH Member
    I've always used steel or aluminum tubing.

Junior SCH Member
    Here is a piture of a steel one I have made which looks terrible. I am trying to keep the look as stock as possible and the abs seems to be light also this is why I am leaning this way. I know that abs can be heated with electric blanket to make one seemless bend from the SC to filter and also have area for the MAF sensor giving it a stock look. Just having trouble finding the high temp thin wall ABS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mother View Post
    Here is a piture of a steel one I have made which looks terrible. I am trying to keep the look as stock as possible and the abs seems to be light also this is why I am leaning this way. I know that abs can be heated with electric blanket to make one seemless bend from the SC to filter and also have area for the MAF sensor giving it a stock look. Just having trouble finding the high temp thin wall ABS.
    That is tight! Might have to use a steel Donut to get a sharp enough radius for a cleaner entry. here is a picture of a 2.5" Donut
    http://www.racepartsolutions.com/pro...prod=RPS-DONUT

Junior SCH Member
    Great link Walt, the donut does not look like it has a sharp enough radious for the 90 degree turn right out of my SC and is only 2.5" I need at least 3". However I did see this one on there sight. Maybe I can work something from this if I can find the rest going to the filter that includes inlets for the BOV and crankcase inlets.

http://www.racepartsolutions.com/pro...Dcobra&cat=105

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mother View Post
    Great link Walt, the donut does not look like it has a sharp enough radious for the 90 degree turn right out of my SC and is only 2.5" I need at least 3". However I did see this one on there sight. Maybe I can work something from this if I can find the rest going to the filter that includes inlets for the BOV and crankcase inlets.

http://www.racepartsolutions.com/pro...Dcobra&cat=105
    That does look like a good possibility for you.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Install a pancake filter on the supercharger and put a separate k&n filter on the bypass.

Junior SCH Member
    speedytang; I agree the crankcase bypass should have some form of filtering maybe a seperator if I can find a small one. The pancake filter is an idea but the crankcase bypass, BOV hoses and the MAF would have to connect about and inch or two before the inlet of the SC and I would be concerned about the stability of the mixture at WOT or decelleration ect.