Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fuel injectors not closing?

Thread: fuel injectors not closing?

Senior SCH Member

fuel injectors not closing?

what pressure would it take to keep 24lb injectors from closing? my base right now is 42 with vaccum on. when i'm cruising down the road its about 46-48. will that much pressure on the injectors all the time keep them from closing right? any help would be appreciated.

I think it takes about 90 psi before they start to go static or stay open like you describe.

Usually happens when using an FMU.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Senior SCH Member
    one thing i found out is that pin c on the maf connector doesn't read any voltage at all, should it? i have voltage on pin d, it will vary from ide at .7vdc to where i reved it at sitting still which was 2.7vdc. could the maf be my probelm with running rich?