Thread: 10 psi on stock motor with 160K?

10 psi on stock motor with 160K?

I want to know what is the worse case scenario of running 10 psi on a stock 94 SN-95 motor with 160K and stock pistons?
    I am currently pushing 6-8 psi with no problems for about 10K miles and I want to add more boost.
    Are lifting the head gaskets the worse thing I have to worry about right now?
    I have heard of many people pushing up to 12-17 psi on completely stock motors and ran fine. :D

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 94 SC5 0
    I want to know what is the worse case scenario of running 10 psi on a stock 94 SN-95 motor with 160K and stock pistons?
    I am currently pushing 6-8 psi with no problems for about 10K miles and I want to add more boost.
    Are lifting the head gaskets the worse thing I have to worry about right now?
    I have heard of many people pushing up to 12-17 psi on completely stock motors and ran fine. :D
    So how did it play out? I am tired of looking at my car sit so I am taking a 175k 5.0 out of an '89 Lincoln this weekend and putting it in. Only polans are to chang the injectors, timing chain, and front and rear seals. Just to play a little until the new motor is finished. Oh yeah did I mention it's a cogged t-trim. LOL when the new motor is finished I may just throw on the 75/29 cogs and see how high I can get it before she blows.

Guess we'll see. Any other high mileage boost out there? Thought I remember of a 200k one.
    Mike :)
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D