Thread: blower and crank pulleys

Junior SCH Member

Cool blower and crank pulleys

ive got a single belt novi 1000 and i am currently seeing about 4.5-5 psi on my car with heads cam etc. i have the stock blower pulley and the stock crank pulley, im looking to get about 9-12 psi out of it. what combination of crank and blower pulleys or just blower or just crank pulleys can i use to acheive this kind of boost without a powerpipe? is there a formula where i can find what kind of boost i can make? also about crank pullies, is asp the only one who makes single belt crank pulleys? and if i were to get an f-150 pulley what year would it be off of? thanks guys

Boost can really fluctuate from combo to combo. For what you are looking for, the f-150 pulley (just about any late 80's early 90's model with a V8) and One of Ian's 2.75" blower pulleys should put you in the range you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member

Question

has anyone run the 2.75 and f-150 crank pulley setup on a single belt novi 1000? if so how many psi have you seen at about 6000 rpm? with powerpipe or without? what about the 8 inch crank pulley by itself, how much with the stock blower pulley would i make? also, anyone with the 2.75 and f-50 combo, would i experience belt slip after buying a tighter belt?