Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How much boost to keep my 30# injectors?

Thread: How much boost to keep my 30# injectors?

Junior SCH Member

How much boost to keep my 30# injectors?

Hey all!

I am getting an V-1 S-Trim, and so far I am thinking to leave it at the stock 8-10psi level but would *like* to run more.

How much boost can I run and keep my 30# injectors?

If were to get 42# injectors, how much boost do you think I could safely run with the stock block?

Thanks!!

B89N
    Black 1989 Notch. TFS Track Heat Heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, TFS Stage 2 Cam, TFS Chromoly Pushrods, Crane 1.6 RRs, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Accufab 70mm TB, FMS 30lbers, Jacob Wires, Melling Oil pp, Mac 1 5/8" LTs, Mac 2.5" O/R H Pipe, Mac 2.5" Flowtubes, Flowmaster 40s, C4 w. Stage 2 Shift Kit, JW 9" Stall, Hurst 1/4 Stick, FMS 4.30s, Walbro 255lph, Holley FRP, Modine Rad, Lakewood 90/10s, Fox 4cyl Front Springs, BBK Subframes, Lakewood Driveshaft Loop,and a K&N.

With 30 lb injectors, no more than 10-12 lbs of boost. With the 42's you can run up to 15 lbs of boost safely. I am running 42's and I was seeing 10 lbs of boost at 4200 rpm (valve springs were shot) before it started to break up on the top end. I probably would have seen right around 14-15 lbs. at 6k with the stock heads, intake and block, b-cam and 1.7's.

Just make sure your tune is SAFE.

How much boost on 30# injectors

I'm in Albuquerque, elevation 5400' and am running 38# inj, no FMU and my A/F curve is flat 11.3 across the board with 14psi of boost. I have a Walbro GSS340 in tank and the Vortech S-Trim in line pump, stock rails too.

With an FMU you can run 12-14 psi with 30# as long as you keep a safe spark level. To much spark can kill even 12:1 A/F under the right circumstances (detonation).

Wayne
    See sig for all mods
    Rio Red 94 GT :teeth:
    AFM Vortech S-Trim Stg I kit
    some bolt ons

See website for complete mod list: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/waynes94gt.msnw :drool:

Is your only pump that Walbro 255?
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RdRunnr
    Is your only pump that Walbro 255?
    Yes, and I will be running the T-Rex that comes with the S-Trim.

Also - there is no dyno near hear, so I will be setting this car up on my own.

Thanks for the answers so far!
    Black 1989 Notch. TFS Track Heat Heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, TFS Stage 2 Cam, TFS Chromoly Pushrods, Crane 1.6 RRs, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Accufab 70mm TB, FMS 30lbers, Jacob Wires, Melling Oil pp, Mac 1 5/8" LTs, Mac 2.5" O/R H Pipe, Mac 2.5" Flowtubes, Flowmaster 40s, C4 w. Stage 2 Shift Kit, JW 9" Stall, Hurst 1/4 Stick, FMS 4.30s, Walbro 255lph, Holley FRP, Modine Rad, Lakewood 90/10s, Fox 4cyl Front Springs, BBK Subframes, Lakewood Driveshaft Loop,and a K&N.