Thread: P1SC OIL Change???????

Junior SCH Member

Question P1SC OIL Change???????

i have read that you have to remove the head unit to change the oil in this kit.is this true?sounds like might be more trouble than its worth.thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkgt
    i have read that you have to remove the head unit to change the oil in this kit.is this true?sounds like might be more trouble than its worth.thanks for the help
    i don't know where the blower is located on the mustang,in my t/a i don't have to remove it

1. remove the dipstick to relief pressure
    2.remove plug on the bottom and drain oil
    3.put a 1/4 vacuum tube on the oil bottle and feed it to the oil fill cap on top of the blower,i had to do this because i couldn't get the bottle near the blower because its on the bottom of the engine
    hope this helps :)

Junior SCH Member
    thanks,helps some.i know on a mustang it is placed higher up on the motor.would like to heir from some mustang owners.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02blkgt
    thanks,helps some.i know on a mustang it is placed higher up on the motor.would like to heir from some mustang owners.
    Pretty much as he said. Just remember to loosen the dipstick or else when you take out the drain plug you'll get oiled. :p I use a funnel and catch can. Just loosen the drain plug and let it sit for a couple of minutes until all the oil is out. Put the plug back in and fill her up. Oh by the way, it's alot better to change the oil when the blower is cold, that way there is less pressure built up inside.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_96_4.6
    Pretty much as he said. Just remember to loosen the dipstick or else when you take out the drain plug you'll get oiled. :p I use a funnel and catch can. Just loosen the drain plug and let it sit for a couple of minutes until all the oil is out. Put the plug back in and fill her up. Oh by the way, it's alot better to change the oil when the blower is cold, that way there is less pressure built up inside.
    THANKS.that is very helpful.sounds like you dont need to take it off to change the oil.heard you might need a tool or something.dont know if that is true.thanks again :)