Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Opinions on heads for a mustang???

Thread: Opinions on heads for a mustang???

SCH Member

Opinions on heads for a mustang???

I have an 89 gt with a p600b and a 3 core intercooler that i want to run 14lbs of boost with and i was just wondering what kind of heads you other guys are using(brand size) so i can get an idea as to what to buy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I run outta the box TFS twisted wedge heads. However, AFR's are very nice. I also have run E-bock 6037's, very nice quality head!! What are you running now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

AFR 165's here...awesome heads and arguably the best for a street bound 5.0 Blower car.

We have used 165's, 185's and now 225's. I am bias, but they are the best heads out there today :)

Ian

Damn you are some biased SOB's :D

I know, my car would actually run right now if I had a set of AFR's on it :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Wedgies are hard to beat for the bolt on factor. They perform very well with a blower!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    I LOVE my Edelbrocks! They are hard to beat as far as quailty and Performance out of the Box! Price is right too!

Another vote for AFR 165's on a stock bottom end car. Perfect out of the box. No modifications to the pistons.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    I guess the afr's are pretty good huh? Should i go with the 185's or 165's b/c i am hoping to build a new motor over the summer that is going to be a little better than what i have now. Will the 165's do the job?

Junior SCH Member
    I run the 185's on my car, and i think they are just dandy.
    The price is like the same i believe. And if i remember correctly, i think Muscle Mustangs did a test on the 165's vs 185's and even on a naturally aspirated, mild 302, the 185's made the same or better torque. I could be wrong... but i doubt it, hehe. Correct me if im wrong here guys.

- Jon
    95GT: 347 stroker, AFR 185cc heads,Holley Systemax II intake, Anderson B-31 cam, Pro-M Universal MAF, 42lb injectors, 14psi P600B.

SCH Member
    I have about about 100 miles on my new FTI/AFR 165's and they are awesome!

I choose the 165's to avoid piston to valve clearence issues (stock shortblock).

If you have larger reliefs in the pistons, then go for 185's with the blower!

Jermey
    1990 Mustang GT
    N/A 302 - FTI Combo

SCH Member
    Do you guys think that i could run 14lbs to my stock heads for a few months until i get the afr's? Thanks

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 89stalker
    Do you guys think that i could run 14lbs to my stock heads for a few months until i get the afr's? Thanks
    it can be done (i know cause i did it) but it all depends on the tune!!! also make sure you don't over rev your motor.

as for a vote for heads....AFR 185's here.

SCH Member
    What mods did you have and how did it work?(for how long) Thanks