Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
maf sensor pin C ?

Thread: maf sensor pin C ?

Senior SCH Member

maf sensor pin C ?

does anyone know if i should be able to measure voltage at pin C? i get around .7 at idle off of pin D but nothing on pin C. the voltage will also increase with the engine as i rev it on pin D, i had it go up to 2.7.

I have the procedure in my Ford manual. It is at my friends house, I can get it tomorrow night if nobody can help today.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    ok, great. i just hate to spend 80 bucks on a new one and find out that the old one is ok.

I borrowed this info from John91coupe on the corral.

This is some info he gave me last year.

You can check the voltage by piercing the wires C and D on the MA electronics with a pin. Attach a volt meter to the pins, positive goes to D and negative to C. Voltage at idle should be between .6 and .9 volts. You can chaeck WOT voltage with a helper, as long as the volt meter wires reach inside the car. If they don't reach you can duct tape the meter to the outside of the windshield on the passenger side and have someone watch. Probably shouldn't test this one at high speed though, maybe first or second gear. Voltage should be between 4.2 and 4.7 volts at WOT.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    i'm getting .7 at idle across C and D. i just don't get aything if i go from ground to pinC. don't know if i should or not. thanks for the info.

Senior SCH Member
    evidently you won't measure voltage on pin C. i checked it on my explorer which has the 5.0 in it and i didn't measure anything on it either.