Thread: Et predictions and general rambling....

Thumbs up Et predictions and general rambling....

Ok here it is....Whats your car gonna turn this year or what HP is gonna turn on the dyno?

I think mine is gonna go 10.70's@128 on DR's with a sad 60' on 10psi. It "should" go 9's this year as well. (if i ever get it going) I'll have some great videos here in about 3 weeks as smackdown @ NRP is coming May 21st. My car won't even be running by then but i'll have my wideband there for my friends and my video camera handy. Dr. Jamie Meyer of 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords will be there to take pictures and maybe feature a few cars. Should be a hoot as always.

If anyone in the surrounding states wants to come you can't beat having the track rented for 8 hours for a mere $40 per car. The amount of tuning and testing you can do is ridiculous and you can run at your hearts content. (one guy made over 30 passes last year) The signup sheet is over on Corral if anyone is interested.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Well I guess I can be the second on predictions here. I think IF I take the Cobra back to the track at the end of the year when its cool outside again, I think I can get a 13.1 as it sits right now. Still learning how to launch that thing. IF/WHEN I get the LX back on the track I am predicting a 12.999 on my ET Streets. Looks like I need to take the 8" back and have the front lip taken down now. Thats the main reason I didn't take it to the track today. That stupid 12 sec time slip will be the death of me out here!!

Brent, where do you live? If that event is anywhere close by, I'd be there. I went to SIR (Southern International Raceway) in Tucson Friday night. I had the Cobra, but didn't make any runs. Even they are at about 3000' so it wouldn't be that big of an increase for me. I need to move to sea level!

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

NRP is in central Ohio about 30 miles from Lake Erie. bummer cause i'd like a ride in that 03!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

I predict that I might actually get my car done :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    I predict that I might actually get my car done :D
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hmmm, yeah don't think I would make it that far for a day at the track for some tuning ;) Would love to make it to Gateway one year and see how big of an event that is.
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

Senior SCH Member
    well I really don't think my car will get any faster unless I get a looser converter. But it will see the 1/4 mile track and the dyno

Looking for a 10.5 @?
    and dyno at around 500rwhp.

But if I swap out the pullies, it might go alittle faster, Thinking about going from a 7in/3.15 to a 8in/3.33. What do yall think about that?
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Since my truck has been sucking up all the attention (and money) I dont think the cobra will be moving to much faster this year. I still need to finish the motor install in my bronco, whenever that gets done I dunno, rebuilt the T case and fully rebuild the frontend with 4.56 gears and new u joints. If anything does get done with the snake perhaps it will get an 8' crank pulley or perhaps some equal length headers. I'd like to do new injectors and mass air also but realisically prolly not. At the very least I hope to get it on a friggen dyno and see what it puts down but well see. At this point I only have one daily driver (the cobra), and I need to have two, so thats priority. Having two modified vehicles is hard, lol.
    Last edited by RydeOn; 05-04-2004 at 04:33 AM.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

blown5oh
    Actually, I hope to get to the track this year. It'll be the first time in 4 years ......I always seem to be getting work done to it during the wrong months along w/ a touch of lazyness. The last time I went I was close to stock - 90 lx w/eibach springs, u/d pulleys, cai, e-cam and some weight loss (a/m hood, seats) - and turned a 13.8 @ ? on street tires(I gotta find my slip).

Now I've got Holley Intake, Edelbrock performer heads, same cam, adjustable rear control arms, 70/30 - 50/50 suspension setup, and a novi 1k (about 12-14# of boost). It'll be around 430-440 rwhp - once I get a tune. What times should I be running on street tires now? How about on DR's?

Muscle stang.........as long as your fuel setup is ok go for it. How's that shortblock holding up?? :)

blown5oh, if you can drive it, it'll go 11's no prob.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Muscle stang.........as long as your fuel setup is ok go for it. How's that shortblock holding up?? :)

Its doing just fine ;). And I have a full areomotive fuel system. So that should do judt fine for now.
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

blown5oh
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe

Thanks. Cool. If I can drive it......that is the question!

11's should not be an issue....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th