Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi 2000 Help Needed

Thread: Novi 2000 Help Needed

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000 Help Needed

Some ???'s about Novi 2000. I have a set of cogs for my blower. Now ? is the thing is brand new 0 miles should I break in with 10 rib setup first and if so how many miles until I can swith to the cog system.

Shouldn't matter break in wise, but as long as you're aware that your warranty is null and void the minute you pull the stock pulley off (especially if you go to a cog set up) then go for it now and be done with it. What are your intentions and goals with the car?

I would start with the 10 rib for a few reasons.

1 - Lets the motor break in
    2 - Gives you time to ensure that your NOVI 2K is ok
    3 - Lets you get used to your new found power, start with 10, then move to 20 :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Well I have just bought a 93 Cobra that will be a 9 second car. I have a ton of stuff already to go with a lot more on the way. I was going to put a single turbo on the car and still might but I got an awesome deal on this Novi brand new so I will use it for now. I think I might break it in for a couple hundred miles before I put the Cogs on it. Another ? is what smog pump eliminator kit will I need to delete and still be able to use the Novi, I read somewhere here that one of the delete kits did not work properly. Any other info on blower would be appreciated for easier install or whatever. I had a 10.0 nitrous car before that is actually for sale right now. But want to go back to fuel inj and make big #'s on the dyno..

Thats probably good advice. Break it in with the stock pulley to make sure it runs fine with no leaks before you void your warranty. After all is good for little while bolt the cogs on.