Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Trans leak story.........

Thread: Trans leak story.........

Trans leak story.........

For those of you who don't know or don't read my SIG! I have a 383 chevy, TH-400 Trans!

Well I had my car out like 2 weeks ago, and when I came to a stop a had smoke come out the back! I looked underneath and there was a small puddle of trans fluid!

It was a cork gasket, and it was soaked! It must have been spraying out! Now the bottom of my nice chrome coated long tube headers I paid so much money for have runs of burnt fluid stained in them!..... I guess it shouldn't be so pissed at that because alot of people don't look under your car as much as under the hood!

Now when I looked at the pan it looked like it was comming from the driverside front of the pan on its bend to the front of the trans "Corner"!

Anyway....
    1. I changed the gasket to another cork, put it all back together! Still leaked!

2. Went out and got a rubber gasket, installed it! Still leaked!.........

3. Took the pan off again and thoroly inspected it! Turns out it had a crease in it! So I banged the crease to make it flat! Installed it! Still Leaked!!!!!!!!!!

4. Baught a new Aluminum pan, and new rubber gasket! Installed it, and today before I went to work it was still dripping around the front driverside corner!.............

5. At work today I thought.... Hmm maybe there is somthing higher up it could be comming out of that I overlooked, or just didn't see!

6. So I go home and looked under the car, and it was slightly moist right around there where my shifter linkage is! I called my friend who knows TH-400's and he said yeah there is a 0ring or a seal where the linkage comes out of the trans!

He told me I have to drop the pan to install a new one! He said it's fairly easy!

I said S** OF A B*TC* I don't want to take that freakin pan down again!

So that was my long story, and thanks for reading :)
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

So how does it drive mark?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Your lucky you didn't catch the car on fire. When I had a C4 in mine I cought it on fire once from tranny fluid out the vent.

I don't want to brag, But This thing is unbelievably fast! If I am doing like 5 mph and I put it to the floor, it just squats and go's! I am really hoping for the 10's, but that might be pushing it! + I don't have a cage :)

Another thing is withing the next 3 weeks I have to pull the cam out! Reason being is because I lost the cam card, and I need to get the numbers off the back of it so I know where to adjust the rockers to! It's a roller cam and if it isn't set right I will bust one of the rollers off.......

When you gonna get that 89 done????
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...

Congrats on getting it running Mark, can you just get the cam specs offline or contact the place you picked up the motor from??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Mark, can you just get the cam specs offline or contact the place you picked up the motor from??
    Well, This is what I know! I emailed the kid who sold me the motor, and sent him a msg on the corral, and he did read the corral msg just didn't respond! He sent me the time card back when I baught the motor, and I lost it, and since he isn't responding I guess that means he doesn't have it either!

Now, I do know the cam is a Comp Cams Cam, and I have looked up the # in the past, and it wasn't listed! Reason being is because it is a custom made cam! I have emailed Comp Cams about it before, and thats what they told me, but guess what? I don't have that email........

Yeah I know, It sucks I have to take apart a motor that has 0 ZERO Oil Leaks right now!!!!!
    Mark
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...