Thread: Cog pulley interchangeable?

Junior SCH Member

Cog pulley interchangeable?

I am trying to find crank pulley for BBF/460 and have only found Vortech so far. Can Vortech pulleys work on Procharger V1?

No, unfortunately they both have keyways placed in different areas, so you can't swap them. Crank pulleys are a different story, but the key to the crank pulleys is obviously that they line up with your accessories and blower pulleys.

Junior SCH Member

Crank then?

Chris, Any idea where I can get 70 tooth 50mm BBF crank pulley then? I'll make bracket to fit and align based on getting crank pulley. I like you Stang w/blower graphic, is that what you have by chance? Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hustler
    No, unfortunately they both have keyways placed in different areas, so you can't swap them. Crank pulleys are a different story, but the key to the crank pulleys is obviously that they line up with your accessories and blower pulleys.

Junior SCH Member

also, are there 35 mm V-1 cogs then?

and from who? I have 50 mm system. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by HHStang
    and from who? I have 50 mm system. Thanks,
    Thanks, I do have a 65 fastback and still would like to do a roots type blower on it. But the only blown car I have right now is a 1989 saleen mustang.

It couldn't hurt to call up Procharger and ask what they have as far as offerings for working with a bbf. I'm not as versed in Prochargers offerings. If bbf crank pulleys have the same bolt pattern as sbf windsors then you could just try fabricating around the various vortech cog pulleys on ebay. A new Vortech mondo crank pulley (50mm cog) just went off on ebay for roughly 150.00. All of these are for serpentine setups though. Forget vbelt.
    There are a few places who probably will be able to make the crank pulley you need. One is RCD Engineering, the other is ASP Racing. Customer service is great on both. See who can make you one the cheapest. Just let them know what your application is and see what they can suggest for you.

You just need to explore all avenues so you can go the cheapest route.

http://www.rcdengineering.com
    http://www.aspracing.com
    Last edited by Hustler; 05-13-2004 at 12:27 AM.

Junior SCH Member

ATI

I've got 67 fastback (for this project) and 97 Cobra with 12 psi Strim. I'm going to try to work with 5.0 Mustang Procharger pulley. Thanks for help.