Thread: Who's dealt w/ ProCharger customer service?

Who's dealt w/ ProCharger customer service?

They logged my RMA in Wednesday morning and I was told "somebody would call me"... are they good about that or should I be calling them back to find out what the deal is with my F-1? Needless to say, I'm VERY restless as the blower went bad on the first dyno run after the car's 3 year build. Another day of tuning and the car would have been finished :(.
    Tanguy
    - ProCharged 1997 GT
    - '03 F150 SCrew FX4

Check out my website about the GT!

Currently testing Procharger's customer service, broken blower has been there since 5/11...

They took great care of me when my d1-sc blew up. I did stay on top of them though, so I would call them just to let them know your you want it back asap.

Scott

Thanks Scott... I think I'll call them Monday morning, I'm anxious to give them my story and see what they can do about repairing the blower. I'm also big on looking at things that need repair as a chance to improve or upgrade. I know they have an F-1A and F-1C out and I'd like them to tell me if there is any way to help cure the belt slip I'm getting.
    Tanguy
    - ProCharged 1997 GT
    - '03 F150 SCrew FX4

Currently testing Procharger's customer service, broken blower has been there since 5/11...

I look at repairs the same way....lol. I would give definitely give them a call monday if I was you. I checked out your car on your site, That thing is sweet. You have a lot of time into that stang!

Good Luck, Scott

I spent a while on the phone w/ ProCharger this afternoon. I spoke w/ James in the blower shop. He answered the phone and right off the bat asked for my serial nmber. After about 5 min of waiting, he returned w/ my paperwork. Now I was all ready with my story - ready to talk about the history of the buildup, the people involved, the people watching... I never had a chance to get into it. James started the conversation and told me that this was not a normal occurance with the F-1 and definitely not a reflection of the way it was built and the type of performance it is supposed to provide. He apologized for the inconvenience and told me they would begin repairs first thing tomorrow and that it will be finished and shipped out no later than Friday of this week, no charge whatsoever. Remember, my blower is two years old - well beyond the 1 year warranty. James did tell me the problem most likely occured due to the fact that the protruding "bullet" in the center of the impeller extends slightly out past the inlet opening - if there was any jolting or jarring to that bullet, the dual bearings become misaligned and will break up the first time under any decent load. He said they are at fault for not warning people to be sure and lay the blower down on the pulley side should you need to put the head unit down. Since I had the blower for two years before using it, the chances were good that I had knocked the bearings out of alignment somewhere along the way.
    ProCharger customer service gets an A+ from me so far, they were polite and professional - didn't BS or give excuses, and best of all they didn't charge me!
    Tanguy
    - ProCharged 1997 GT
    - '03 F150 SCrew FX4

I have dealt with James, Cary, and Ken. The whole ProCharger staff is great to talk to. As you mentioned they are VERY professional and really care not only about the big racer, but the little guy as well.

Your GT is an awesome machine, I am sorry it went down so early, I have been there. ProCharger will get you fixed up and you will be back on the dyno in no time.

Ian

I also dealt with James when I had my problem. He treated me like I was his son....lol, But really he was a pleasure to deal with along with everyone else I talked to at procharger. I would never go with another blower company except for procharger because of this service.

Scott

Cool guys... I told James I would try to talk up there service a bit on the boards - honestly, I've seen a fair share of complaints too... from the haunting leaking seal problems to ATI hanging on to blowers for a couple months. Since I was treated so nicely I wanted to chalk a couple up for the positive side.

James even asked me to inform the guys in the blower shop how the results come out after I put the GT back on the rollers. Now lets hope he follows through with his promise of getting it done right :)
    Tanguy
    - ProCharged 1997 GT
    - '03 F150 SCrew FX4

Well, went to the track the other night and my D1-sc blew up again. It was fine the first run and then first gear on the second run it just let go. It turns but makes a horid noise. It also looks like the impeller shaft is bent when I spin the pulley. This thing only has 4000 miles on it, I'm going to call them moday and see what they say. I don't understand it...I must have a lemon or just bad luck.
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer