Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Perfect size injectors?

Thread: Perfect size injectors?

Junior SCH Member

Perfect size injectors?

Im planning on running 8-10 lbs of boost with my stock heads/cam/intake and dont want to run an FMU and have no plans on upgrading. Will #30 injectors be enough? I think it will but would like to hear from other with a similar setup. I hope to end up with 325-350RWHP when done.

Mods to do list;

Novi 1k (revised kit)
    8" crank
    powerpipe
    77m MAF
    65mm tb
    1.7 rockers
    ported stock lower intake
    complete mac exhaust with longtubes
    ? injectors

thanks to all

Joe

you should be just fine with the 30 lb injectors. Make sure you get a 255 fuel pump, and a nice regulator.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

blown5oh
    I agree....if there's such a thing as perfect injectors for your setup, 30's is it.

SCH Member
    Not to hijack your thread, but I am wondering the same about mine. The vendor I bought my Novi kit from e-mailed me back and said he could not get the 42# injectors that I originally ordered. I am now looking online and have found some low mile 42's and low mile 30's for sale. I wonder if 30's would be better for me with my combo than the 42's I originally planned? Feedback is appreciated.
    1989 LX Coupe
    Novi 1000, FMS/Bosch 42#'s, GT40 irons, GT40 intake, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 65mm T/B, 1.7 rockers, stock cam, MAC longtubes, MAC prochamber, flowmasters welded in stock pipes, T5z, 3.73 gears.

Best ET: 12.55
    Best MPH: 115.2

blown5oh
    Hey Eric. I'm selling my 30#'s and they've got about 1,500 miles on them. Email me @ jbarbrady@rcn.com if you're interested.

I didn't see a blower in your sig....if you don't have one yet and if you do and aren't putting out over 400rwhp, 30's would be better for you then the 42's.....you'd be over injected.

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBlueCoupe
    Not to hijack your thread, but I am wondering the same about mine. The vendor I bought my Novi kit from e-mailed me back and said he could not get the 42# injectors that I originally ordered. I am now looking online and have found some low mile 42's and low mile 30's for sale. I wonder if 30's would be better for me with my combo than the 42's I originally planned? Feedback is appreciated.
    I'm making 505 rwhp on 36 lb injectors with no FMU but I do have a custom chip.
    I have a 70mm FRPP 30lb calibrated mass air meter to go with blown50h's injectors if you need it. $50.oo you pay shipping.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

I might be interested in the 70 MM FRPP Mass air meter!

ElCentroCaBoy@Netzero.com

Thanks!

Louie
    Rice cars really do suck...

"He who lives longest with all the toys wins... the rest of you are wannabe's"

http://www.turbogm.com/Videos/Grand_Nation...onal/buick.mpeg

SCH Member
    I have some 36'ers and a vortech/C&L meter left over that I just changed out for 55's :D
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

SCH Member
    WAIT! ... They are bight red top's, Where those 36's or 30's?
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blownaway
    WAIT! ... They are bight red top's, Where those 36's or 30's?
    Those are 30's
    http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/perform2.htm this is an informative link.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

blown5oh
    Yeah, the 30's are red......and I still have my set for sale.

I hate FMU's. My car runs like crap with them.
    Paxton Supercharged - Novi 1000, Edelbrock Performer Heads, GT40 Intake, E303 Cam,30lb/hr injectors, C&L 73 Mass Air Meter, 190lt/hr Fuel Pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, World Class T5, Pro-5.0 Shifter and BBK Shorties.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.02GO
    I hate FMU's. My car runs like crap with them.
    Do you run your 30's with no FMU? Ever had it dynoed on a wideband?