Thread: 1993 Cobra help w/ diff components

Junior SCH Member

1993 Cobra help w/ diff components

I dropped a new motor in my 93 cobra FRPP block and internals I have a e303 cam and TFS twistede wedge heads, I have underdrive pully's and stock upper and lower intake aswell as stock throttle and MAF......I want a Vortech i know that for sure......But with the set up I have E303 cam and TFS heads i dunno what charger S-trim T trim or other to go with does anyone have any suggestions? I have FMS shorty headers tko tranny and aluminum drive shaft as well as 3.73's Basically what setup would run best on this motor combination???????????

A ton of people have had huge sucess with the S-trim. Which FRPP block did you get. Sportsman (2 bolt mains)? or the A4 block (4 bolt mains)?. That will also help to determine which blower to get. If you have the Sportsman block, i'd stick with the S-trim, if its the A4 block, I'd skip the S and T trim and get the new YS-I or a Novi 2000. The A4 block can handle a ton of HP if put together correctly.

Also don't skimp on the fuel system.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    2 bolt bottom end

So you have the Sportsman block. So I'd go with S-trim (i'm a little biased since I have one. lol)

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those. If you find a "deal" on a T, don't be afraid to get it. Just keep the boost low enough that you don't make over 450-475 rwhp and with a good tune it should work great and last a long time. Heck, if it really is a Sportsman block I think you would be safe well over 500 rwhp.

Do you have a 93 Cobra block or a Sportsman?

Kirk
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com

Junior SCH Member
    when i bought the car s weeks later it blew out. i lost the heads and block. I was doin 30mph in third gear she started ticking then just shut down. so I have a brand new motor less the 5k on it and its like 2 years old

I'd go with the T-trim as I stated earlier.

However, you may want to (have to change) to a 3.55 gear. With the s-trim on my 351 and tko tranny I was running 124+ mph with a 3.55 gear. 6,000 RPM shift 6400RPM rev limit. If you are shifting at a higher point you will be fine thought.

Also the 3.55 will be a little easier on tires on the street and probably make street driving more fun.

It was no problem to fry tires on the street with my s-trim and 3.55's.
    But to hook up and go is more fun than frying rubber.