Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a charger what vortech should I go with

Junior SCH Member

Want a charger what vortech should I go with

Want a charger what vortech should I go with

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dropped a new motor in my 93 cobra FRPP block and internals I have a e303 cam and TFS twistede wedge heads, I have underdrive pully's and stock upper and lower intake aswell as stock throttle and MAF......I want a Vortech i know that for sure......But with the set up I have E303 cam and TFS heads i dunno what charger S-trim T trim or other to go with does anyone have any suggestions? I have FMS shorty headers tko tranny and aluminum drive shaft as well as 3.73's Basically what setup would run best on this motor combination???????????

See my reply in your General Tech forum.

The S or the T will almost always do what you want to do. What do you want to do? Goals?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I drive the car about 5000 miles a summer if i am lucky, so i want some serious power but i do want to be able to enjoy a ride up the highway or down the beach without needing to tub the rear .........i need a dyno but i think the motor is making around 350 hp or more right now......550 horse or 600 would be sick

The s-trim would be perfect for you, and if you wanted to upgrade down the road, I believe the S-trim brackets are the same as the YS.

Yep the YS, YSi fits into a S-Trim based bracket.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    sweet thanks everyone , whats the most boost I could get from the S trim about 8-10 psi which is rather safe right? sorry newbie not tryin to blow the motor

You can run around 15-17 lbs of boost IF you have a good fuel system and a good safe tune (on the rich side) without any problems.

Junior SCH Member
    sweet
    1993 Cobra #1985 Red w/ grey leather, 46,000 original miles on the body. original paint .
    New motor less than 5k

www.cardomain.com/id/mattveri

See my reply in the Trim section to your question.

I think you'll want the t-trim for room to grow. But the s-trim will do what you want for now. But down the road when you want more, which is what will happen, you'll have to upgrade, do it now and save the money.

If he wants room to grow, I think he'd prefer the YSI.

Unless he plans on going balls to the wall, the YSI (IMO) is too big a blower for a 302.
    I just went from the s-trim to the YSI but on a 351. I would nave done the T-trim yet it was cheaper to buy the renegade kit than a t-trim head unit and other necassary parts to complete my instal.

The YSi is a good fit for my 351 since I have an extra 49 cubes. The down side of the YSI vs the T-trim is low end the t-trim comes alive sooner. Where as the YSi is latter.

That's why I say the T vs YSi for this guy.

But anyways these are all opionions, and every one has one. I am just going from my first hand experience.

Junior SCH Member
    will a regular YS-trim use all the same brackets as a S-trim also? cuz i want to trade this YS-trim for like a S-trim. its too big for what i need.

According to IAN about seven post up ago yup, it fits.