Thread: Launching with Boost?

Senior SCH Member

Launching with Boost?

Someone put me to school on this 2 step thing.
    I go consistant 1.6's but thats all motor, I need a way to get a load on this motor so I can launch wiht boost.
    I know the AEM has this, but what other options are there?

Thanks
    Chris
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Put what ever chip in you'd be comfortable launching with rpm wise. Of course the two-step will be wired to a switch that you will hold on the starting line. Put the gas pedal to the wood and let'r rip. (let off the button when the light drops and you let off the clutch) These work great in automatics and even better with sticks as you can gain consistency cause you know what rpm your launching at for sure.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Yup, I ran with my 5-spd. and it'd actually cut my 60's from a 1.8-1.9 to a 1.7, I would build about 2#'s on the line at 3500 launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    Who makes them..MSD?
    I was hoping to get around 8#'s. How does it work though...just lets a load on the motor cause I'd be flooring it?
    What price range are they in?

Thanks
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

They are pretty cheap. around $50 or so....They act just like the msd rev limiter except only when you actuate it@ whatever rpm. Read up on them and i bet you'll get one. 5150 meant he would launch and see that much boost.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Mine's built in to my Digital 6 ignition, actually just got thru wiring it back up today. Wanted to keep it kinda hidden so I tied it into the high-beam on the turn signal lever, all I gotta do is pull the lever back to actuate it. Should work out pretty smooth and not be noticeable.

Depending on what RPM you launch at will determine the amt. of #'s you will see at launch. I was launching relatively low (3-3.5k) that's why I only see a couple pounds on the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th