Thread: Pulley sizes and Boost?Please Help!

SCH Member

Pulley sizes and Boost?Please Help!

Hi Guys just getting my install done,unit is a p-600b. I have 2 pulleys that came with the kit, I bought it used, One is 3inch across the face of the pulley the other is 3.25inch across the face I have a 3 core intercooler set-up please let me know what boost levels I should expect with these pullyes.I dont want to blow anything up! Thanks Frankie.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse88
    Hi Guys just getting my install done,unit is a p-600b. I have 2 pulleys that came with the kit, I bought it used, One is 3inch across the face of the pulley the other is 3.25inch across the face I have a 3 core intercooler set-up please let me know what boost levels I should expect with these pullyes.I dont want to blow anything up! Thanks Frankie.
    Frankie:
    You will need to know the size of crankshaft pulley before you choose one of those sc pulley.
    I will suggest you go with the 3.25, and if you have the 7.67" on the crankshaft, and a 6000 rpm redline on the engine, I think you will se about 6 psi.
    I hope this would help you.
    Take care and enjoy the boost.
    Pablo

Junior SCH Member

Procharger Pulley Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse88
    I'm told by the guys at Procharger that the pulleys for the 5.0L 87-93 are as follows:

3.65" = 6lbs non-intercooled, 3.4" = 9 lbs non-intercooled, 3.2" = 9 lbs after intercooler/11-12 lbs before intercooler, 3.0" = 11 lbs after intercooler/13-14lbs before intercooler, 2.8" = 14 lbs after intercooler/17 lbs before intercooler, and 2.6" = 17 lbs after intercooler/20-21lbs before intercooler.
    (Based on the 7.67" Crank Pulley, 6,000 RPM @ Crank, and a Stock 5.0L Motor - Note: better heads, intake, cam & exhaust = less boost but more airflow & HP)

Hope this helps,

Hank
    Last edited by Hank; 06-16-2004 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Needed to add a piece of info.