Thread: d1-sc tensioner

d1-sc tensioner

I have a d1-sc and I'm having tensioner problems with it. The tensioner is pretty flimsy, every time I try to tighten the belt the threaded rod that applies pressure to the tensioner ends up bending, or the bolt in the back of the tensioner that the threaded rod pushes on pulls out and ruins the threads. All this happens before the belt is remotely tight. I have heli-coiled the tensioner and put a sleeve on the threaded rod and it seems to help, but there has to be a better set up for this blower.

thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by sneakypony; 05-24-2004 at 06:14 PM.

Nobody has a d1-sc with tensioner problems?

Does anyone even run a d1-sc on an 89-93 mustang?

Does anyone know what a d1-sc is?

Oh no I'm talking to myself again arn't I........check me back in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junior SCH Member
    I had that problem with my tensioner, and the rod end was binding in the slot it is supposed to slide in. I put a bigger washer on it and a little antiseize on the back of the washer and it works great!
    1992 GT:
    358W, ported Vic Jr's, Hogan sheet metal intake, AFM PMS, Procharger D1sc @ 16lbs boost, twin 255 pumps, etc etc etc.

1993 Notch:
    306, ported TW heads, TF intake, F-303 cam, full Maximum Motorsport suspension and some cool paint. Soon to have a SN-89 charger on it!---SOLD :(

1995 GT: couple bolt on's