Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil blowing into intake.

Thread: oil blowing into intake.

Junior SCH Member

oil blowing into intake.

A friend of mine has a vortech s-trim, he has noticed that on wide open throttle he can smell oil. He checked this out and can see oil traces in his inlet tube to the intake. What can be causing this. ?? is there a seal that is leaking.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkhorse
    A friend of mine has a vortech s-trim, he has noticed that on wide open throttle he can smell oil. He checked this out and can see oil traces in his inlet tube to the intake. What can be causing this. ?? is there a seal that is leaking.

Junior SCH Member
    Has he removed the baffle in the valve cover? If he has then he cannot run the vent hose to the intake. He either needs to cover the spigot or use a catch can.

excessive crankcase pressure? maybe he needs an evac system.

Some oil (but not excessive) in the discharge tube and throttle body opening are perfectly normal.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member

Cool

I have the same problem, however, the reason why I know I am blowing oil from the filler neck is that it ends up leaking on my BBK Chrome Headers and a hint of smoke comes from the hood. Embarrassing to say the least...scary when it happened the first time.

I had the baffles removed from the valve covers, when I replaced the rockers (1.6) and use a Chrome K & N Oil Breather as a cap. Under pressure it blows the oil up through filler neck and the breather, then spot drips onto the headers.

89 Stallion - Are you saying I need to rig some sort of " catchcan " or is there something out there called a "catchcan"?

Bill
    Last edited by bmnlsc; 06-02-2004 at 02:40 AM.
    FMS 345hp crate motor, Vortech S-Trim, AFR 165cc Heads, 1.72 Rockers, Cobra Upper/Lower intake, 38lb injectors, PRO-M 77mm Mass Air Meter, MSD Ignition w/BTM, MSD Distributor, 9mm FFRP black wires, BBK Chrome Headers, Black Magic Electric Fan, 5 spd tranny w/Hurst shifter, 3.73 gears w/new posi & Moser 31 spline axles, Cross-Drilled rotors (front & reat), Custom 2.5 inch exhaust w/X-Pipe, Stainless Steel Magnaflows, 255/50/16 BFG DR's on 16 x 8 BBS Black/Chrome Rims, 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump with T-Rex 255lph Fuel Pump and FMU, SVPU Suspension

BMNLSC