Thread: 11#s ?

SCH Member

11#s ?

Ok I will try to keep this short, I have a 1989 gt, my mods are P-600b 3 core Intercooler, 3inch Pro-m ati Meter, for 42#s, 70mm throttle Body, Gt-40 upper and lower,edelbrock heads 10 degrees timing,adjustable fuel pressure regualtor,42#injectors 1.72roller rockers, stock cam 1 5/8ths Headers 2 1/2 H pipe flowmasters 255 walbro Intank.And also a custom chip burned by Pro-m to match meter and all mods listed. I had all of the above mods Except Pro-charger, 42#s and chip.I had 24# Injectors w/fmu and a 6# sn 92 paxton. I have finished the Install yesterday and tried the New combo with the 24# injectors/fmu and no chip and the car ran Great! But I experienced spark blow out. So last night I got a set of autolight 24s and installed the chip and new Injectors along with new plugs Gaped at .035. When I took it for a test drive, I got no spark blow out but the car does not feel as fast as Before even when the paxton was on it! I hooked up a boost gauge off the vacume tree and she is making 11#s! I dont get it is there something wrong? I dont hear any signs on running lean nor is it rich to the point I can smell it! I dont have any clues as what to do next, can someone Help? Perhaps I missed something? I Hope! It reads 11# but feels less than 6!Could it be the chip? In the event of all the road testing my H-pipe did disconnect from the muffler and it is rather lound but would this effect performance that much? I am just trying to tell you guys everything so you can help me figure this out Thanks in advance Frank.
    Last edited by Crazyhorse88; 05-23-2004 at 05:45 PM.

SCH Member
    Dear Frank:
    I had the same problem as you did, and I solved it out using the 24# injectors, matching air flow meter, FMU and I use a MSD 6BTM and blaster coil and solved the problem.
    Are you using the stock ignition? that might be the problem and you are expirience spark blow out because the ignition power.
    I hope it helps you out.
    enjoy the boost!!!
    pablo
    Last edited by pablo; 05-24-2004 at 12:28 AM.