Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Question for Novi 2000 owners

Thread: Question for Novi 2000 owners

Junior SCH Member

Question for Novi 2000 owners

Just wundering, is the novi as loud as a vortech? Just curious because I am buying one and have never heard one running in person. I love that whiny sound the vortechs' make. Thanks. :)
    1990 LX, Paxton Novi 2000 pullied for 14lbs, Anderson Power Pipe, Downs Box intake, F-cam, 77mm Pro-m, 70mm TB, #55 inj., Aeromotive fuel system from front to back, 2 1/2" Flowmaster exhaust, C4 with 3500 stall, 3.73 gears, Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's, 8 point cage.

At idle its audible, after you start spinning it, it gets quiet. The old vortechs with the straight cut gears were loud, most have helical cut impellers now so the blower whine isn't as prevalent. Its nothing like the old s-trim or t-trim vortechs where you could hear them from a mile away ;) I used to have flowmasters also and once I got on the gas you couldn't hear the blower. Lots of people have videos on here of what the Novi 2000 sounds like.

They aren't loud as hell but they aren't exactly as quiet as Paxton advertises in the mags. It's loud enough that most car people know what's up when they are next to the car...unlike a Vortech V-1 where everyone within 100 foot earshot know you've got a blower. Here's an idling clip.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot...Movie_0001.wmv
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 05-25-2004 at 10:43 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks, Hawk. Your car sounds awesome!!!
    1990 LX, Paxton Novi 2000 pullied for 14lbs, Anderson Power Pipe, Downs Box intake, F-cam, 77mm Pro-m, 70mm TB, #55 inj., Aeromotive fuel system from front to back, 2 1/2" Flowmaster exhaust, C4 with 3500 stall, 3.73 gears, Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's, 8 point cage.

I have a video clip of mine but Im not sure how to post it on here. Like Hawk said its not the loudest blower out there but its deff not "wisper quiet" as paxton advertises. Its got a nice whine to it and cars beside you will be able to hear it if there raido is not blaring. I got out of my car the other day at the ATM ( I drive up a few ft way from it and get out of the car b/c I dont like to drive up that close to punch in my code from the car, might scrape a rim) I was standing there and almost forgot my pin # b/c I was so distracted by the whine of my Paxon ;)
    Last edited by RioRedSN95; 05-28-2004 at 07:36 AM.
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RioRedSN95
    I have a video clip of mine but Im not sure how to post it on here. Like Hawk said its not the loudest blower out there but its deff not "wisper quiet" as paxton advertises. Its got a nice whine to it and cars beside you will be able to hear it if there raido is not blaring. I got out of my car the other day at the ATM ( I drive up a few ft way from it and get out of the car b/c I dont like to drive up that close to punch in my code from the car, might scrape a rim) I was standing there and almost forgot my pin # b/c I was so distracted by the whine of my Paxon ;)
    cool!! I can't wait to get mine installed. Thanks.

My Novi 2000 was damn near silent for a while. You could faintly hear it when the hood was up. Once it got "broken in," it became a totally different blower. Now it is far from silent, but it is still not as loud as Hawk's. I'll try to post my video of the car at idle when I can get it hosted again.

EDIT: Here's the video. It may load slowly. If it does, right click -> save as
    http://myimages.fourvalve.com/blu50s...viIdleClip.mpg
    Last edited by Blu50Stang; 05-28-2004 at 01:10 PM.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu50Stang
    My Novi 2000 was damn near silent for a while. You could faintly hear it when the hood was up. Once it got "broken in," it became a totally different blower. Now it is far from silent, but it is still not as loud as Hawk's. I'll try to post my video of the car at idle when I can get it hosted again.

EDIT: Here's the video. It may load slowly. If it does, right click -> save as
    http://myimages.fourvalve.com/blu50s...viIdleClip.mpg
    Thanks for the clip. Nice ride!!!

Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's