Thread: 100 Octane Sunoco gas

SCH Member

100 Octane Sunoco gas

A Sunoco Gas station near me sells 100 octane fuel at the pump, which I believe is the highest they can sell at the pump by law in ct??. Anyway ...I have been running 93 in my car and was wondering if going from 93-100 octane is worth the extra $$ per gallon. Would I be able to bump up my timing at all with the 7 or so point increase in octane? Or should I order another type of race gas? I basically want the gas for safety insurance during the hot summer time weather. There are so many different types of fuel out there I don't know what to get.
    306 dss pro bullet,gt40x aluminum heads,Crane roller rockers,AFM b41 cam, cobra intake upper and lower match ported, 42lb injectors, FMU, pro-m 80 mass air, Morpheus power pipe, 255lph high pressure intank pump, trex inline pump, novi-2000 stock pullies 8-10psi, strange axles, 3:73 gears, full guages, tremec tranny, aluminum driveshaft, msd, msd boost retard, bbk headers, Mac h-pipe w/cats, 2 chamber flowmasters, eibach springs
    HP:446
    TQ:430

I'd say yes you can increase timing going from 93 to 100 but be careful and take it a little at a time. It will certainly make more power. If you decide to order a drum of fuel look into Torco Mach 112 or 114. Bang-for-the-buck! I bought a drum and only paid about 3.35 a gallon when it was all said and done.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Agree with Brent, you may want to invest in buying it by the drum. You could even mix the 112, for example, with some 93 to bump the octane where you want it and would more than likely save a chunk of change. I've got a buddy that just picked up a 55 gal drum of VP 110 or 114 for ~$200, but this was a little before the gas prices shot up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Where do you guys buy the drums from?
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Check your local speed shops if you have any, they should know of a local/semi-local distributor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Danke!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer