Thread: purchasing a used s-trim kit

92stanglx

purchasing a used s-trim kit

Hello, I am new to this site and new to superchargers in general. I am shopping around for a used S-Trim kit and was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on what to look out for so I don't get ripped off. Also, how do I tell the difference between an A-Trim and S-Trim? So far I am only looking for kits that I can pysically look at before buying.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Senior SCH Member
    The big prob i've seen w/purchasing used kits is that they(MOST) r missing parts..Go 2 Vortechs web site, Tech support section and print off the installation kit directions.It includes a parts list, that way u have a required inventory list...Secondly, turn,shake, twist pulley and see if there is any play or grinding ,if so, buyer beware..Look at impeller and case(from rear-intake side)and see if the impeller has scraped the case or any knicks in the blades, if so buyer beware again....Good luck!!!

92stanglx
    Thanks again for the advice! I ended up buying a kit. Took the parts list w/ and made sure to get everything! Now it's time to build a motor to go with it :D