Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest NOVI 2k HP gain/estimate for my car?

Quote Originally Posted by stang8092
    I was thinking that I would have to do the motor over along with the NOVI-2000. I don't see myself getting the 500rwhp with just the NOVI-2k, but I guess I could be wrong.

So do you mean your combo isn't capable or the blower isn't capable?? Because i would think it's very possible and you wouldn't need anything other than fuel system parts and odds and ends.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I'm not sure if my combo along (255lph Hi-pressure pump, 42lb injectors/MAF) with the blower would yield me an addition 200rwhp to bring me up to 500rwhp...that would be a 66% increase. If it will give a gain like that, I will definitely get the 2k over the 1k.

if i remember right doug made 480-490 with this combo through an AOD and i think he had a stock cam and a systemax II intake. And even if you don't make your goal you'll be real close. If you don't have the money the 1000 is the obvious choice. Remember, we're not here to try to spend you money. We're here to give personal experiance's and try to help people get the right parts the first time. I have a dyno graph in my photo post of my Novi 1000 combo.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member
    Personal experience is the whole reason why I'm here. I appreciate it more than you know. So, I should expect 425-450rwhp from a Novi-1k (6psi) and 475-500rwhp with Novi-2k (9psi) with my current setup plus the 42lb Inj/Maf?

Who has the cheapest prices on NOVIs?
    Last edited by stang8092; 06-02-2004 at 05:38 PM.

I don't know who has the best deal on the blowers. I'd contact JD's Performance as they seem to have a real good track record on this site. Your guesstimates on the power seem pretty good as long as tune up is right on. And IMO those are 'comfortable' numbers. So you don't have to work the blower hard and for cooler discharge temps. Don't get me wrong the 1000 is pretty killer. But I sold mine within a year of the purchase for more power. Would you like to see my Novi 1000 combo @ 10 psi? send you email to bspence5@columbus.rr.com

Junior SCH Member
    Ok, I just ordered Bosch 42lb. Injectors, Accufab FP Regulator, Walbro 255 Hi-Pressure Fuel Pump. The Pro-M came in today. Will I need anything else? :) I've decided it's the NOVI-2k. I might as well get want I want now, instead of changing out a 1k in a year or two. I just have to find out who has it the cheapest. Anyone have a real time frame for installation?

Check with dave @ JD's performance and tell him your a member of supercharger help. You may want to enquire about the tuner kit since you don't need the fuel pump and the FMU. I think you certainly did the right thing by getting the 2000 now. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Honestly It can be done by someone who has done them before in 4-5 hours but for the first timer take a full weekend and take your time.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info. I just dropped Dave an email.

Honestly, I'm gonna have my friend's shop do the install. Normally, I do all my work myself, but I don't think I have the patiences for this install.

You've made a good choice. The install is not too bad, I did mine w/ crappy instructions and no prior blower experience in about 6-7 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Will my stock fuel rails be able to handle all this?

The stock rails should be ok as long as you have a good working fuel system and you don't change the blower pulley. But as always, don't guess, know. Take it to a dyno shop and make a few pulls just to be sure even if you think it's running great. I picked up over 50hp on the dyno with timing and fuel pressure to yes it is worth the trip.

Junior SCH Member
    It will definitely go to the dyno shop after the install. I'm assuming I'm gonna have to get a chip burnt at the same time.

Do you think the car will be streetable if I put the 42lb. injectors in now....without the blower?

I can't say for sure. It's a crap shoot cause everyones car seems to react different to aftermarket meters. Only one way to find out! :)

Junior SCH Member
    The best price I got so far is $2878 shipped for a NOVI-2k.

Im just waiting on the injectors right now, then I will order the blower.

Ask for a Novi 2000 'tuner kit' from JD's performance and tell them you're a member of this site. I think the only things that are missing are the fuel system componets which you don't need anyway. Check with dave@ jd's just to be sure on whats in the tuner kit.