Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honest NOVI 2k HP gain/estimate for my car?

Junior SCH Member
    I did talk to Dave. He gave me a price of $2950 shipped for the complete kit. Muscle Motors has him beat by like $70.

I thought a Power Pipe was needed with the "tuner kit"?

if thats true then i wouldn't sweat it. You're gonna want one anyway! LOL Seriously though powerpipes are the real deal for these blowers and it is cheap horsepower to be honest!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Well, I didn't really want to place another order with Anderson Ford Motorsport until I know the motor doesn't go "BOOM". LOL!

Junior SCH Member
    I got a new price today. I can get a tuner kit w/ Power Pipe for $2978. I'm thinking this is the way to go.
    Last edited by stang8092; 06-29-2004 at 05:52 PM.

Yeah I thought you'd be more interested in that one. ;)
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member
    So, how much boost increase does the Power Pipe give?

Junior SCH Member
    I would be careful about buying from Muscle Motors. If you have all the time in the world, then you can buy from them. I have bought from them many times and could not get anything on time (I no longer buy from them and they're 2 miles from my house). They are real nice on the surface. They also would charge my credit card without sending the item. Just a FYI.

Junior SCH Member
    Good to know, thanks!

Ditto on muscle motors service. three weeks for my blower that was in stock! or so they said.........anyways i can honestly i picked up 1.5psi on the gauge and a considerable amount of torque.

trick flow heads, novi 2k, power pipe and larger MAF. You're going to definitely be seeing a huge difference.

You're probably going to see less boost #'s because you're heads have larger runners than stock (more volume). I see 9-10 lbs on my stock heads but that b/c the s/c has less volume to fill.

I've been toying with TF heads/intake but have been putting it off b/c I'm lazy. I know I'll have to do what you're doing with larger fuel pump and injectors, too.

good luck. you're car was probably pretty quick, but it's definitely going to wake up after the install&tune.
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. If all goes well, I should be ordering some time at the beginning of next week!

Don't really know if you guys know or have realized but.... There's some "wholesaler's" on the Corral that work thru an established Vendor. For example, I bought a Walbro pump from "XYZ" on the Corral and it was shipped directly from J.D.'s. So the advertised price is not always what ya get. Do your "homework" and you can reap the bene's. Anyways, my $.02 worth......Oh yeah and have a beer:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Well, I just put a deposit down. Hopefully, I will have everything in a couple weeks!

Junior SCH Member
    dallas mustang is having a sale. complete kits with fmu and fuel pump are $2707.00,but summit beat the price for a couple of bucks.